Jet Aviation Staffing - Maintenance Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities for this Position
Added - 12/31/69
* California | Full Time
Maintenance Team Lead for a beautiful new facility in a stunning part of the US. True family like culture where there is extremely low turnover and all of the managers have been there over fifteen years, as they all love the company, their colleagues and the service they provide to their customers. Socializing and having each other's back are part of the DNA here - this is a special role at a special company.
The Maintenance Team Lead will directly supervise Maintenance Technicians assigned to their team. This position is responsible for performing, assisting, supervising and advising on all maintenance assigned to them. These activities must be done while maintaining a positive and productive relationship with employees, vendors and clients by personally performing these duties or through subordinate staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
* Reports daily to the Maintenance Supervisor.
* Completing tasks assigned to himself / herself in accordance with the procedures set forth in the Repair Station and Quality Control Manual (RSQCM), and / or the FAR's as applicable.
* Responsible for the supervision and direct oversight of Maintenance Technicians assigned to their team.
* Responsible for ensuring each Technician is following established policies and procedures.
* Coordinate with the Maintenance Supervisor and customers to ensure a safe and efficient repair and return to service of aircraft.
* Able to serve as the primary point of contact with the customer when working on their aircraft. Is responsible for effectively communicating project status on a regular basis.
* Comply with all FAR's, Operations Specifications, Company Policies, and Company Procedures.
* Ensuring that the appropriate technical data is used during the performance of maintenance, preventive maintenance and alteration activities.
* Ensure the shop premises, equipment, work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
* Ensure that all maintenance or alteration processes are appropriately completed and documented as required by the operator, and in accordance with applicable FARs.
* Submits all required work orders, reports, receipts, time cards, and other forms to the Maintenance Supervisor in an organized and timely manner.
* Maintains a close, productive, and beneficial relationship with managers, peers, colleagues, customers, other repair facilities.
* Ensures the safety and quality of all assigned duties and responsibilities by actively and positively participating in SQMS program.
* A passion for aviation.
* 5-10 years of experience as an A&P mechanic
* Corporate aircraft type experience (Citation, Challenger, or Gulfstream)
* Actual work experience must include troubleshooting, use of specialized tools, ground support equipment, and the use of aircraft maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, technical reports and forms.
* Experience supervising two or more line maintenance technicians
* Professional appearance
* Critical time management and logistical problem solving skills
* Attention to detail with a focus on safety and quality of work
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must have a valid A&P License.
* Must have a valid Driver's License
* Must be able to work as a part of a team in a high stress, fast paced environment.
* Must be a self-starter, able to work with little to no guidance.
* Must be a highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, with the ability to multi-task.
* Must be computer proficient (MS Office, Aviation Maintenance Software).
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods.
* Must have your own tools and toolbox.
* Must be available to be on call.
* Be able to pass a background check and drug test.
* Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to read, write, and speak English at an advanced level.
* Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.