Truck Driver Heavy
Employment Type: Full-Time
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an opportunity for a Class A, Heavy Truck Driver with Hazmat endorsements, to join our team and support operations based out of Palmdale, CA.
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for operating company vehicles including vans, autos and light and heavy trucks pulling flat, box and landoll trailers to transport a variety of materials, merchandise and heavy equipment. Participates in office and facilities relocations including moving furniture and/or equipment. Processes paperwork associated with these tasks.
* Transports, delivers and picks up materials, merchandise and equipment throughout the Company and local and out of town destinations. Ensures that material/equipment being transported are secured and protected while in transit. Loads and unloads vehicle as required.
* Participates in office and facilities relocations including moving.
* Performs limited maintenance on vehicles such as fueling, washing etc.
* May provide direction to less experienced staff.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
* May participate in chauffeur services for senior company executives, Board of Directors and VIP visitors.
* May transport hazardous and/or radioactive materials with DOT hazardous material endorsement under the direction of a licensed dangerous goods shipper, cognizant licensing and safety personnel within the Company.
* Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.