Facilities Maintenance Tech II
Employment Type: Full-Time
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity at our facility in Palmdale CA, as Facilities Maintenance Technician. Under general supervision, with instructions for routine work and detailed instruction for new activities or special assignments, this position is responsible for troubleshooting and performing maintenance and repairs of the office and building facilities, facility structure equipment, machines and grounds. Performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades including carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, machine and equipment repair and HVAC. Conducts routine, periodic or special inspections of the premises to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs trade work, such as framing wood/metal studs, drywall mud/tape, concrete form/pour/finish, install doors/jams/hardware. Patch/Paint. Layout and installation of Tee-Bar ceilings.
* Installation of metal siding/trim/roof.
* Read plans, material takeoffs.
* Equipment operation qualified: 310 John Deere backhoe, 210 John Deere skip loader, dump truck, water truck, and skid steer.
* Dirt work: trenching/backfill/compacting/grading. Underground conduit/pipe installation.
* May perform preventive maintenance on buildings and equipment according to established procedures.
* May perform general building construction services for new construction/ renovation (i.e., framing, drywall, taping, texture, painting, flooring and base, doors, frames and hardware). 4.Performs various routine facilities tasks as requested by managers and maintenance requests.
* Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
* Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.