Senior Data Analyst - MDM
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Sr. Data Analyst - MDM is part of the Pharma International Data and Analytics Chapter at Genentech/Roche. As a Data Analyst, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex data problems and deliver insights that help to define our understanding of business areas. You will partner with IT and business stakeholders to co-create data and analytics enabled solutions that help our teams fulfill our mission: to do now what patients need next.
What you'll work on
* Conduct and structure data analysis, profiling and reporting.
* Understand rules for match/merge data, DQ and data hierarchy management.
* Responsible for interacting with end-users to understand and implement business /functional requirements.
* Assess addressing ad-hoc data issues as these arise within the deployment/integration sprints.
* Participate in relevant activities to ensure data integrity and accuracy to align meeting core product needs.
* Participate in the definition of a to-be master data model (customer and product) in alignment with an business.
* Drive data source assessment in line with global values, core product standards, and mandatory local needs.
* Identify and Optimize the Data source (Local/Global) utilization and adoption for Program deployments via Affiliate Data Profiling, Source to Target Mapping and Customer Reference Data Standardization.
* Supervise data migration progress and suggest corrective actions whenever needed.
* Liaise with the partner responsible for data load (IQVIA) to ensure efficient collaboration and secure quality of data migrated into MDM/OM systems. Life Science MDM domain.
* Coordinate data migration progress and apply corrective actions whenever needed.
* Generate insights from data, enabling us to optimize business performance.
* Provide strategic direction and assisting IT Business Partners with prioritization and mobilization of resources to address data and analytics opportunities.
* Identify business opportunities and working with business and informatics partners to architect, design, prototype and deliver data and analytics products.
* Ensure data-driven analytics solutions are integrated into the wider Pharma Informatics System Landscape.
* Evaluate existing datasets and providing source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for it.
* Support ITBP to ensure reporting requirements represent the needs of the business users.
* Leverage best practices, data governance and standards globally.
* Share knowledge within the Data and Analytics Chapter and others when appropriate.
Who you are
* You're someone who wants to influence your own development.
* You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
* You have an education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Information Systems or related fields.
* 10+ years of previous experience with pharmaceutical/biotechnology data and knowledge of key data assets and providers/
The ideal candidate
* Passionate about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation.
* Has experience in analysis and reporting and query tools behavior.
* Has expertise in Data Cleaning and Analyzing Data processes to structure the data, clean and explore it to answer specific questions.
* Knowledge of Analytics Platforms (such as MS Power BI, Business Objects and Tableau) and visualization and Visualization techniques and concepts is essential.
* Hands-on experience with MDM products like Reltio. SQL Experience is a must.
* Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations.
* Knowledge of Informatica MDM, R, Python, and Advanced Analytics is an advantage.
* Knowledge of Pharmaceutical systems (i.e. Clinical Trial Management Systems, Drug Safety, EDC).
* Knowledge of flows and contents about Commercial and Marketing areas in Pharma.
* Has expertise in translating complex business requirements into relevant A&R solutions.
* Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
* Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related industry is strongly preferred, e.g., commercial operations, field sales or sales management, field sales operations, field account management, product marketing, market planning, strategic planning, etc.
* Demonstrated experience with data analysis, profiling, data cleansing & standardization Process to understand rules for match/merge, DQ and hierarchy management - quantitative and qualitative management.
Travel will be required up to 25% and you will be working across time zones (i.e. evening/morning calls).