Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Roche, we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Pharma Biosample Services provides sample and information services across all Roche Pharma Enterprise enabling biomedical research at Roche/ Genentech. We are enabling Roche to source, access and unlock scientific insight from samples and sample data in order to provide the right solution at the right time for the right patient.
The Scientific Researcher performs laboratory-based activities and processes related to the tracking, inventory, preparation (e.g. DNA/RNA extractions) and transport of biological samples from clinical and non-clinical trials. This includes handling of associated metadata, coordination and execution of manual/and or automated sample processing workflows, request evaluation and ensuring that lab activities fulfill customer needs while achieving operational excellence in quality, service levels, cost and compliance.
Additional focus areas of this role might be:
* Processing and lab techniques
You coordinate and conduct laboratory process optimization, proof-of-concept, and/or validation. You design and perform laboratory methods to investigate pre-analytics. You evaluate novel technologies and techniques for their suitability for analyzing clinical samples.
* Instrumentation and Automation
You contribute to instrument scripts writing, qualification and implementation. You drive instrument support, qualification and improvements at local site level to enable Biosample Operations meeting the needs of researchers and clinical study teams. Related to associated operational lab procedures, you're the LIMS, instrument or workflow Subject Matter Expert. You code instrument automation scripting and you analyse data generated from processing (e.g. genomic array analysis).
* Computational and analytics
You conduct experiments that address critical findings from analytical data anomalies that are potentially sample-related. You contribute to the results interpretation, issue identification and to the authorship of final reports.
Who are we looking for?
Teamwork is a central part of how you love to function and thrive. You are looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization where you want to influence your own development. You are curious and passionate about being an essential piece of the drug development process. You bring
* Scientific expertise combined with computational skills in relation to research
* Ability to independently design, execute and analyze complex sets of experiments or procedures and to recommend solutions when facing challenges
* Demonstrated experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation (such as liquid handling and automation, automated nucleic acid purification solutions, microarray scanner). Prior experience with Microarray or Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) is a plus
* Proven experience in leading projects, teams, and initiatives, delegation of activities and resolving issues as an escalation point
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships inside and outside their functional areas
* Experience assessing, tracking and fulfilling research customer needs on an operational level in an efficient and timely way with a high degree of customer orientation and ability to communicate with stakeholders on multiple levels.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients' lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.