Intern - Product Development - Personalized Healthcare Data Science Imaging
Employment Type: Full-Time
Start Date: May 18, 2021 (Summer 2021)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Length of Assignment: 3 Months
Education Level: Master's, PhD
Preferred Majors/Disciplines: An applied quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Bioengineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic and work from home situation for 2021, this internship is currently planned to be virtual with the option for interns to work remotely from within the U.S. Borders. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
Due to the ever changing situation concerning the COVID-19 global pandemic, for our summer 2021 internship program we will only consider international candidates who are currently in the US and will remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
We partner to access complex datasets and leverage external technologies to enable advanced imaging applications. Advanced Analytics can be used to generate actionable insights from meaningful data at scale to accelerate R&D and improve patient outcomes. Leveraging advanced image analytics and data on cutting-edge data platforms, we develop innovative tools that enable faster and more accurate detection, characterization and monitoring of complex diseases across therapeutic areas. We aim to accelerate and improve the drug development process by:
* Accelerating or eliminating manual central review, reducing costs, subjectivity, and variability
* Developing more informative and robust endpoints
* Improved diagnostic tools
* Creating automated assessments for RWD
* Creating tools to help clinicians to select optimal therapies
This role within the Personalized Healthcare Data Science Imaging group has a focus on Data Science.
* To contribute to the development of Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision algorithms applied to Clinical/Medical Imaging and Digital Pathology
* To work on algorithm development and validation tasks for instance End-to-end classification/regression, segmentation, registration, radiomics and feature extraction, in disease areas or modalities such as Oncology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmology, or Digital Pathology
* To develop and apply AI/CV methods on very large data sets of 3D/2D clinical images (CT, MRI, OCT, Color Fundus Photographs) and/or gigapixel histopathology whole slide images
* The developed methods will be applied for patient screening, diagnosis, disease assessment, evaluation of the therapeutic efficacy and/or safety, prediction of prognosis and/or response to therapy with significant business and scientific impact.
* Strong programming skill in Python, hands-on experience of Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras), and familiarity with cloud/scientific computing environments (AWS, HPC) are required for the internship.
* Experience with medical imaging data format (eg DICOM) and image processing a plus.