Intern - Pharma Technical Operations - North America Regional Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Fall 2021
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Length of Assignment: 6 months
Education Level: Bachelor's (must be enrolled in or completed their 2nd year)
Preferred Majors/Disciplines: business, supply chain, or computer sciences related degree
Given the current uncertainty of the global pandemic, please note this internship can be working fully remote within US borders. We will keep candidates informed if this changes.
At this time, due to the ever changing situation concerning the COVID-19 global pandemic, for our summer 2021 internship program we will only consider international candidates who are currently in the US and will remain in the US for the duration of the internship.
* The Intern in the North America Regional Planning (NARP) is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of Value Creation Tool to support Pharma Technical Operations (PT) Strategy (3x benefits at ½ cost to society).
* In collaboration with other PT functions, the Intern is responsible for supporting the development of tool to calculate value creation to assess the impact/value resulting from forecast changes and trade off opportunities.
* Help to develop a tool that can calculate the value impact of forecast changes
* Accountable for the execution and full realization of the methodology and requirements
* Accountable for building collaborations and work relationships between the team members, stakeholders and user groups; PT Supply Chain, Strategic Analytics & Intelligence (SAI)/Commercial Accountable for the success of execution and implementation of the tool
* Responsible for documenting the end-to-end process and train end users
* Assist in piloting the tool with a product Responsible for project management activities and timely delivery of complete specifications
* Participate in NARP activities
* Notify manager of potential issues that may impact project requirements, goals or deadlines In addition the Intern, depending on workload, the intern will oversee at least one independent project from beginning to end in support of PT Supply Chain
* Ability to make sound decisions about scheduling, coordinating, and managing priorities with assistance as needed.
* Strong interpersonal skills which include a professional demeanor when interacting with personnel at all levels within Roche Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence others and work as part of a team.
* Computer science/data science background/skills