Associate Admissions Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Serve as initial point of contact for applicants and prospective applicants for GIA's educational opportunities and course options.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Respond to calls from prospects and applicants requesting information about registration for On-Campus/Distance Education courses and Lab classes in a positive and informative manner, providing guidance on the application and registration processes.
* Enroll applicants; enter comprehensive data into the database regarding each prospect, applicant and established student.
* Ensure daily update to database with student information received by telephone, facsimile, and electronic or regular mail.
* Provide timely responses to requests of students and prospective students and maintain an excellent level of customer service to all
* Provide Educational campus tours to potential students.
* Communicate pertinent information to appropriate departments and staff members.
* Effectively explain detailed information about GIA educational program offerings, course descriptions, tuition and policies to applicants, students or prospective students.
* May attend tradeshows and various other venues and/or events to represent GIA and assist with public outreach efforts.
* Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
* AJP diploma or willingness to obtain upon hire required.
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment while being detail oriented and accurate.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to ensure customer satisfaction, repeat business and goodwill.
* Maintain highly confidential personal information from students and prospects
* Effective written correspondence and communication skills.
* Exercises sound business judgment.
* Flexible and team-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
* Self-motivated with an outgoing and friendly demeanor. Proactively seeks out additional tasks when needed.
* PeopleSoft software application experience preferred.
* Bilingual Spanish preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* Experience with CRM system (Preferably Salesforce)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
* Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
* Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Willingness to obtain any required state licenses
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.