Employment Type: Full-Time
* Maintenance Mechanic
Reports to: Plant Manager
Direct Reports: None
* Position Summary: To perform repairs, upkeep, and preventative maintenance at the facility by complying with all facility maintenance programs and requirements, in the safest manner possible.
* Essential Functions:
* Complies with all plant safety and quality policies
* Implements effective maintenance procedures to ensure that all process equipment and the facility are in an acceptable state of repair
* Establishes, with the assistance from the Plant Manager, priorities for all maintenance activities in order to minimize machine downtime, and ensure equipment is operating safely.
* Works with outside contractors, and assists Plant Manager with managing projects, including Capital projects.
* Secondary Functions:
* Executes other required projects and controls, that are in accordance with the guidelines and schedules established by the plant manager
* Periodically reviews and updates the Work Order Back Log. Works with management to review high priority items and complete in a timely manner.
* Makes recommendations to the Plant Manager on ways to improve the safety and the production processes.
* Manages maintenance expenses along with Maintenance counterpart, and reconciles both American Express and PO expenses.
* Completes a monthly maintenance summary report. Goes over the specifics of the report with the management team.
* Monitors and recommends to management the need for new and spare parts for the maintenance department. Utilizes the work order back log to keep track of this. Works with the plant manager to further develop the equipment files for the facility.
* Must be available 24 hours a day to service the facility, in case of an emergency.
* Provides supplemental support and assistance to all areas of the work force as required
* Performs required housekeeping tasks, and maintains a clean, organized, and safe maintenance work area.
* Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment
* Two years in some type of maintenance related work
* A high school diploma or equivalent
* Computer literacy, including familiarity with MS programs, and Outlook.
* Must possess a strong work ethic and safety mentality
* Hours of Work:
* Standard 8 hour shift, 40 hours a week, or as directed by the Plant Manager, over-time may be required at times, including some Saturdays.
* Regular attendance is mandatory
* Tools / Equipment / Work Aids/ Work Environment
* Respirators, Safety Goggles, Hearing Protection, Gloves, Safety Steel Toe Shoes, Fork Lift, face shields, among other PPE required for task performed, and any maintenance related tool
* Working well with others is critical. Should have willingness to both learn and teach.