Sr Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting, State and Local Government
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner's renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That's where you come in. We're committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you'll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You'll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
Who we are
Gartner's Consulting business is an extension of Gartner's industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner's resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today's world, a consulting firm that is 'born digital', (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner's research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner's clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
* Digital Acceleration and Transformation
* Enterprise Enablement
* Big Data and Analytics
* Applications Rationalization
* Cloud Strategy
* Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
* Contract and Cost Optimization
* Security and Risk Management
What you'll do
Our Senior Consultants are part of a high-level project delivery team. You will be part of a team that will execute IT strategy projects while advising clients on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
What you'll need
* Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in a project delivery capacity
* Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
* Experience working with one or more IT solutions
* Experience working with state and local government clients preferred
* An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide and receive constructive/ corrective action when needed
* Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the ability to assist in the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems
* An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
* MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Who you are
* Comfortable taking direction and building trust-based, value-added relationships with team members and senior executives
* Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
* A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Gartner is committed to diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business. We foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement and growth at Gartner. We are a multi-cultural, global business, serving clients in more than 100 countries around the world. Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We are united in our mission and we work together to solve problems. In doing so, we operate at the highest ethical standards, with respect for all, across our associates, clients and communities. Learn more at https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion
Job Requisition ID:54628
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.