Product Development Expert
Employment Type: Full-Time
Garrett Advancing Motion is the true pioneer of automotive powertrain technologies dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in technology solutions for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. Garrett supplies technology to nearly all major automakers in addition to the global aftermarket under the Garrett brand name. As a result, unlike many other OEM or supplier organizations, Garrett Advancing Motion has visibility across a broad range of OEM's and Tier 1 suppliers.
This position is reporting to the Product Line Manager for Fuel Cell Compressor Development, the person will lead the process of identification and elimination of waste in the product development process, driving changes in the existing processes. The person will be responsible for end to end value stream mapping, Identification of process change priorities, create / manage a list and priorities of the highest impact improvement areas
Area's of Responsibility
* Create / manage a list and priorities of the highest impact improvement areas, with a focus on breakthrough productivity and transformation initiatives. Processes to be baselined and improved may include component analysis and design, component or product testing processes and methodologies, prototype procurement, critical information availability, product and component standardization, and project tracking systems.
* Deploying Lean Methods to facilitate Lean Baseline, different level of Value stream mapping (VSM), focused kaizen events and driving Productivity Initiatives to transform targeted areas.
* Overall goal is aimed at driving short, medium and long-term culture change in the global engineering organization to internalize the continuous improvement process of waste identification and reduction through systematic tool usage and application.
* Demonstrate meaningful and measurable results in reduced cycle time and lowered product development RDE cost.
* Leverage strong process documentation & hard wired practices to ensure rigor and sustain the results
* Establish robust KPI's across process, facilitate Project A3, project execution Governance and MOS.
* Ability to motivate and energize others to think analytically and critically
* Be an agent for change, continually challenge conventional, 'business as usual' thinking; Engage the targeted cross-functional teams for preparation and planning to ensure commitment to change
* Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision. Ability to multi-task consistently in interacting with multiple cross functional teams in regional and global engineering sites.
* Can operate effectively in global networks and Partner with cross-functional NPI teams to drive and lead improvement initiatives/Kaizen events to achieve operational efficiency
* Knowledge of Turbochargers, High Speed electric motors and Lean methodologies would be an added advantage
* Knowledge of digital process improvement and Lean tools applications in Engineering simulation process and Parametric design processes.
* Knowledge on Six sigma tools, Statistical Process control (SPC), Quality Tools, Advanced Data analytics, Basic Program Management and Project Planning will be added advantage
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Production / Aerospace / Industrial / Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
* 3+ years of experience in new product development or new product introduction, preferably in the field of Automotive and Turbo machinery, including Engineering Management experience.
* 1+ years of change management experience.
* Six Sigma Lean or Black Belt certification desired.
* Experience with Continuous improvement, Sharing best practices, Problem Solving and create Kaizen culture or Knowledge of Toyota Production system (TPS)
* Master's degree in Engineering Management / Industrial Engineering
General Behavioral Skills
* Must work well as part of a team but also under own initiative
* Good oral and written communications; excellent presentation skills
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* Reliable with sense of responsibility
* Open and responsive