Mechanic Level 2
Employment Type: Full-Time
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
● Work safely and efficiently while being careful to follow all safety requirements as
determined by management.
● Ability to install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot industrial machinery, mechanical
equipment in a manufacturing setting.
● Work independently and to analyze and recommend repair procedures for equipment
failures and must demonstrate mechanical insight in recommending options.
● Troubleshoot equipment failures or breakdowns on all equipment.
● Understand how to start up and shut down production equipment.
● Identify equipment parts as needed.
● Be efficient re-knifing all types of plant product cutting cylinders.
● Complete work orders as assigned by Supervisor.
● Recommend corrective action to solve mechanical issues on the production lines.
● Always maintains an orderly, clean and safe working area.
● Capable of requisitioning machine parts pulled from the maintenance storerooms.
● Perform other tasks as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
●Building Strategic Working Relationships ● Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
● Stress Tolerance
● Decision Making
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced):
● Safe forklift operation is mandatory
● Computer software and personal computers is required
● Proficient use, purpose, and maintenance of tools, equipment, and methods used in buildings and facilities repair.
● General and specialty industrial mechanic tools and equipment are required.
● Experience in the following areas: ○ Preventive/predictive maintenance procedures
● Commonly used industrial tools ● Plumbing ● Basic AC/DC electrical and electronic principles ● Metal fabrication and welding ● Industrial Controls (LOTOV)
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced):
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Able to work under limited supervision and self-motivated.
● Excellent organization skills
● Ability to work well with others at all levels of the organization
● Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
● Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
● Use proper lock-out/tag-out procedures when working on machinery
● Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
● Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
● Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
● Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
● Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
Must be able to drive a forklift which requires sitting for long periods of time, as well as
the ability to use your arms and legs to work the controls, breaks and steering wheel.
● Must be able to climb a ladder and/or stairs.
● Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, crawling, and balancing.
● Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
● Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as
communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
● Occasionally operate business machines.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
● Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading.
● High school graduate or equivalent experience
● Industrial Maintenance certifications
● 5+ years working experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or equivalent
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).