Employment Type: Full-Time
Building our Future Together. FXI is a leading producer of foam innovation in the Bedding, Furniture, Industrial, Home & Office, Healthcare, and Transportation markets. We have made it our mission to provide tailored solutions that delight our customers and consumers. With our corporate headquarters, high-tech research and development facility, and multiple manufacturing locations in North America, FXI has built a culture of innovation and achievement that is recognized by customers, suppliers and peers. Our products include finished goods, sub-assemblies, services, and raw materials for OEMs, fabricators, and retailers. You will find FXI's foam innovations inside, around, and under yourself in countless applications. Everywhere foam goes, FXI's innovations lead the way! Won't you join us?
WE ARE HIRING IN OUR ORANGE, CA PLANT - This is a 3rd shift position 8:30pm to 5am. You also get shift diffrential pay.
The process machine operator is an operator that has the ability to perform a specific machine function within a functional work area. A process machine operator's performance has the ability to affect specific line items on an order with limited overall influence on internal customers. Process machines/functions include the following:
Bun Compressor Wrapping Machine
Roll Compressor Cutting Line
Carousel #3 Crane
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Follow all applicable safety guidelines.
* Keep work area neat and clean.
* Read and follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work orders.
* Meet General Quality Requirements as listed in Section G of this document.
* Determine sequence of operations by studying specifications (method sheets), work instructions and SOPs.
* Conforms cut length, hole diameter, and tolerances to ensure compliance with specifications.
* Ability to read measuring devices such as: ruler, calipers and tape measurers in order to verify that the product is in specification.
* Maintain stock inventory by following procedures to ensure correct production run.
* Record all waste by completing all appropriate forms.
* Prepare machine for production by setting up, positioning guides, stops, dies and turntables.
* Regulate machine by setting and adjusting controls.
* Label products according to Lot Code Format in accordance with QSR.
* Maintain specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts; adjusting controls.
* Resolve production problems by notifying team members and Lead to obtain additional resources.
* Collaborate with maintenance to ensure preventative maintenance requirements are completed on assigned equipment
* Complete maintenance request forms for repairs.
* May work on special projects/assignments upon request.
* See related job profiles
* Work as a team to meet production demands.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Some experience operating machinery is preferred.
Some experience operating a forklift is preferred.
WE WILL TRAIN YOU!