Associate Laboratory Technician - Clinical Team
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fulgent is a leader in genetic and genomic clinical testing, a publicly traded company located in Los Angeles, California. We are a technology-driven company with extensive academic/clinical experience and capabilities in Next Generation Sequencing and bioinformatics. This distinction has advanced us to the forefront of the rapidly advancing genetic and genomic testing industry.
Fulgent's unique chemistries and superior proprietary bioinformatics pipeline has propelled our explosive growth in recent years. We offer the most expansive set of clinical genetic tests in the world, including 22,000+ single gene tests, 900+ preset panels, rearrangement testing, clinical exome/trios, whole exome/trios, whole genome and our All-in-One reflex test. We are a CLIA and CAP accredited laboratory. Fulgent has state-of-the-art clinical, sequencing and bioinformatics tools, including the latest Illumina sequencers such as the NovaSeq.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Associate Lab Technician is responsible for performing clinical laboratory test procedures following standard operating (SOP) and quality assurance (QA) procedures under immediate supervision. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a team committed to Clinical Sequencing Services.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
* Perform DNA extraction from various specimen types, specimen Triage, PCR, qPCR, Sanger Sequencing, and/or other molecular assays as needed.
* Maintain good time-management and organization under pressure.
* Responsible for handling efficiently and accurately high volume of samples in limited time.
* Maintain good record keeping for all testing performed as mandated by established protocols at Fulgent.
* Follow only approved laboratory procedures for all divisions of clinical testing that the technician has received and completed training on.
* Adhere to the lab's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
* Learn and assist with troubleshooting skills and be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results. All such circumstances should immediately be brought to the attention of the lab supervisor.
* Assist with daily routine work in maintenance of lab cleanliness and order.
* Assist with maintenance of stocked laboratory supplies and place orders in accordance to current established procedures as needed.
* Completion of all assigned training courses in a timely manner as assigned by the compliance team.
* Maintain open and honest communication with team members to promote a healthy and productive work environment for all.
* Full compliance with established laboratory standards for safety, privacy and HIPAA regulations.
* Report to the Lab supervisor or designated Senior Lab Technologist regarding all daily assigned duties or any issues and concerns related to job performance and safety.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* Have earned a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in molecular biology, genetics, or related field. At least 2 years of experience in a clinical setting with hands-on involvement in molecular/genetics testing.
* Must have great work ethic and immaculate attention to detail.
* Knowledge of molecular biology and/or medical genetics in a clinical setting.
* Lab Supervisor or Designated Senior Lab Technologist
Fulgent Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term 'qualified individual with a disability' means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
Safety and Work Environment:
* General office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
* Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
* Must pass a color vision test if responsibilities require color discrimination.