Employment Type: Full-Time
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We're building the world's most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. We are scaling our engineering team and looking for engineering leaders with experience and expertise in building scalable software solutions for real-world problems. As an early member of our engineering team, you'll have a key role in building the future of healthcare from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
'Health Moves Forward' [CEO Blog Post]
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
'How Forward Thinks About AI' [Engineering Blog Post]
'Forward at Home' Product Launch [TechCrunch]
Forward Doctors Respond to COVID-19 [FastCompany]
* Manage a growing team of talented, mission-driven engineers and engineering managers, and motivate them to meet high expectations.
* Provide mentorship and guidance to spur a culture of collaboration, innovation and technical excellence.
* Partner with key stakeholders to build features, products, and processes to make healthcare what it should be; scalable, accessible, effective, personalized.
* Anticipate and address both near and long term technical and organizational challenges.
* Impact-driven - You're deeply driven to work on challenges that leave the world a fundamentally better place.
* A technical leader - You embody the true meaning of a leader within your team and across orgs. Your title doesn't define your actions or influence.
* An executor - You and your team are always working on and delivering the most important challenges with a high technical bar, and have the data to back it up.
* A strategic thinker - You are someone who can bring big ideas to the table and carry them through to production through strategic long-term planning and thoughtful technical decisions.
* Trustworthy & empathetic - You build deep relationships, and do what's best for both the company and the individuals around you.
* BS or MS in computer science or a related field
* 10+ years of experience with at least 3 years as a hands-on technical individual contributor
* 5+ years of management experience with at least 2 years of experience overseeing other engineering managers
* Comfortability scaling and managing large teams spanning across multiple focus areas
* Experience managing 2+ teams and 20+ engineers
* Experience working in a startup environment
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don't want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You'd be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you'd work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.