Regional Sales Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bio Clean, a Forterra Company, an industry leader in stormwater solutions with thousands of installations nationwide, is seeking a full-time Regional Sales Manager for our Southwest region. The remote office will be located in Southern California and will be responsible for business development in Riverside County and San Diego County.
The Regional Sales Manager will work closely with the Western Regional Sales Director and other members of the Bio Clean team to manage, enhance, expand and sustainably grow sales revenues and gross margins and maximize profits. The Regional Sales Manager will oversee existing key accounts and add new key accounts (municipalities, consulting engineers, architects, commercial developers, residential developers and contractors) and will be focused on driving specifications for Bio Clean stormwater engineered products. This position will provide reporting, tracking, and updates as required by management.
* In conjunction with the manager, set the targets for the territory and develop a sales and marketing strategy designed to meet the territory and Bio Clean growth targets.
* Implement the Regional Sales Manager personal performance contract in the territory to deliver the strategic objective of the business to drive sales and achieving sustainable growth for the business.
* Lead the territory effort to develop effective sales channels and support the network of Bio Clean and Forterra partners and identify opportunities to enhance and expand sales channels.
* Identify key influencers in the territory and make sales presentations to prospective customers and stakeholders.
* Work to ensure the company's products are in the project specifications and on the contract drawings.
* Identify projects for competitor's specifications that could be replaced with Bio Clean products.
* Attend regional and national trade shows to promote the company's products and submit and present technical papers.
* Review and present price proposals to customers.
* Develop and implement a plan to improve territory conversion rates.
* Secure purchase orders from customers and key accounts.
* Update and maintain the company's CRM for the territory. Review dashboards and reports on a regular basis and assess progress against the targets and the personal performance contract.
* Work closely with the Bio Clean post order team to ensure seamless customer service through the production and installation phase. As required, visit sites to assist and advise as necessary on the correct installation procedures for the company's products.
* Support the product management team and regulatory approval team to ensure that product development and product enhancement programs are delivering market ready products required to grow business in the territory.
* Actively support and adhere to the company's safety, quality, environmental compliance programs and company policies.
* Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
* Engineering degree preferred.
* Five plus years sales experience.
* Knowledge of NPDES and MS4 permitting desired.
* Civil engineering experience and or a strong understanding of civil design preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
* Emotional Intelligence - Individual must be self-aware, have strong interpersonal skills, is adaptable, and able to collaborate with all levels from production employees to management level.
* Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills including the ability to solve problems proactively, and exercise sound judgment.
* Experience opening new markets and establishing new customers.
* Experience in manufacturing, engineering, proven sales and marketing ability.
* A consistent track record of increasing sales revenue.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities.
* Able to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
* Ability to understand specifications and technical drawings.
* Strong computer skills with the Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), internet, database/ERP applications and familiar with CRM systems.
* Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out information to achieve sales goals.
* Must have a valid drivers' license and ability to travel over 50-75 percent of the time.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan with 4% contribution, medical, health saving account (HSA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.