Senior Manager, FP&A
Employment Type: Full-Time
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
* Create what customers need next.
* Drive to make a difference.
* Collaborate and learn.
* Step up.
This individual will play a critical role as the finance business partner to the Head of Commercial Operations, Americas. This position is responsible for partnering to drive revenue growth by supporting the region with reporting, providing insightful and actional analysis, and other projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepare & publish key metrics to monitor business performance, including key business metrics around orders/sales, operating expenses, and capital expenditures. Lead weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes to include month-end close, reporting, planning, forecasting and analytics activities.
* Facilitate robust and transparent analytical processes, communicate risks and opportunities with appropriate steps for corrective action. Drive solid understanding of cost structure/drivers and partners with the leadership team to drive productivity. Pursue opportunities to deliver on growth and earnings expectations in the annual operating plan.
* Partner with business leaders on cost center spend management: tracking and summarizing spending, headcount hiring status and capital expenditures versus plan/forecast/prior year. Provide monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) Analysis, preparing and publishing worldwide monthly spending reports vs budget including documentation of variances to department. Present succinct month end analysis to Finance and department heads. Seek opportunities for cost reduction, efficiency gains, and contingency planning.
* Communicate clear, concise and accurate assessment of financial performance with all internal customers
* Develop and maintain consistent reporting tools to report and communicate operational and financial metrics across organization. Provide oversight of control/process standards and drive continuous improvement.
* Partner with business leaders on corporate initiatives. Establish monthly Financial packages. Publish and present financial metrics for QBR meetings.
* Support financial modelling and analysis for key business initiatives, potential deals, and projects.
* BS/BA in finance, accounting, or economics from an accredited university
* 8-10 years of progressive responsibilities in corporate financial reporting and analysis and demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders to drive results
* Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks, deadlines, and projects.
* Advanced Excel modeling skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships within the organization
* Good knowledge of US Accounting Principles
* Direct experience with financial systems, e.g. Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle, Essbase and other business intelligence tools