Concrete Paving Foreman
Concrete Paving Foreman position for infrastructure projects in the Southern CA area. Leads, coordinates and schedules production and workforce engaged in multiple construction activities on construction projects. Works directly under Paving Superintendent.
- Supervises assigned project work and labor personnel to meet daily schedule.
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule with direct reports and updates weekly schedule from project feedback.
- Completes company required or regulatory documents such as DRA, JHA, Weekly Jobsite Inspection sheet, timesheets, etc.
- Reviews and understands the project specifications to support job set up activities. Works with work crews and local utility companies to identify hazardous areas on job site.
- Coordinates with internal equipment team to ensure that project work is equipped with appropriate equipment and material quantities to complete production within assigned schedule.
- Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate production issues.
- Supports and promotes strict adherence to safety and process controls regarding operating equipment, worksite safety and documentation requirements. Responsibility includes recommending training needs identified on jobsite.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding assigned project work. Recommends work schedule or work method adjustments regarding sub-contractor activities, as needed.
- Coordinates project close out activities in line with Company standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plans.
- Supports published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Reading and writing in English and basic math required.
- Operating Engineer Union membership or willingness to join union required.
- Gomaco Paving machine experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work days, nights, and weekends as assigned.
- 3+ years of construction experience required.
- 5+ years of experience managing construction activities and labor staff required.
- 5+ years of experience operating Concrete Paving machines for PCC paving required.
- Valid Driver License required.
- Advanced knowledge of tool and equipment safety.
- Knowledge of construction methods and safety requirements on a project site.
- Leadership and communication skills.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.