Team Lead - Government Underwriting
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team Lead - Government Underwriting (Remote)
Work From Home MI
The team leader position supports the direct manager of the Government underwriting operations team. Underwriting operations provides credit decisions and business support to our lenders/customers. They are a knowledgeable source of Government guidelines in order to answer questions, they oversee pipelines, employees and key service level metrics to maintain and improve our service levels, productivity, and growth of the business with new and existing accounts.
Employee may be required to work overtime based on business need.
* Provides assistance to the manager to review, assign and prioritize the pipeline to achieve defined SLAs and goals.
* Works independently to direct/re-direct workflow multiple times a day as necessary to achieve goals.
* Provides reports and analysis to management on workflow, service levels, productivity and quality.
* Serves as the primary point of contact for workflow related inquiries and issues surrounding Government guidelines. Explains complex decisions and issues and deliver difficult messages in a positive manner.
* Observes team behaviors, service and quality and provide continual feedback to management. Works closely with management and/or customer support to identify issues/trends to implement corrective actions.
* Answers and instructs underwriters in system and less complex Government underwriting issues. Provide situational coaching and mentoring to team members. Assists in training and ramping new hires. Works with team to boost morale, be a role model, and provide positive reinforcement.
* Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of management.
* Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
* High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* 5+ years mortgage related experience, preferably origination, Government underwriting and /or post closing.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong email etiquette.
* Ability to build relationships with customers.
* Displays initiative and drive for results.
* Able to work independently.
* Problem solving and resolution skills.
* Proven decision making skills
* Proven quality acumen.
* Ability to analyze data/reports and provide accurate assessments.
* Organizational skills.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of Government UW Guidelines.
For Internal Use only: Job Band E-Hrly