Irvine - Trainer
Employment Type: Full-Time
First Transit is looking for a Transit Trainer to train drivers and other location employees to become operators with respect to safety and regulatory compliance. The Driver Trainer shall demonstrate, by decision and action, competency in all aspects of AUTHORITY's OC ACCESS service and have extensive knowledge of ADA and FTA guidelines.
First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
Our Trainers enjoy:
* Competitive wages
* Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
* A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
* A great work environment
Our Trainers are responsible for:
* Providing classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new operators or re-training of current operators. May provide other training to location personnel.
* Tracking attendees and maintains training documentation based on regulations and company policy
* Auxiliary safety program responsibilities outside of our operator safety programs (e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
* CDL Testing
To qualify as a Trainer, you'll need:
* Minimum of two (2) years of paratransit driving experience
* possess either the State of California, Department of Education School Bus Operator instruction certificate; or a Transportation Safety Institute Transit Trainer's Certificate
* Possess a valid State of California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) approval to certify California Class B Commercial Operator's Licenses (CDL) with passenger endorsements.
* Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
* To be computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* The ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
* Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
* Fluent English
* To demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
First Transit carries approximately 350 million passengers a year. Our employees play an integral role in our mission to provide easy and convenient mobility and to improve quality of life by connecting people and communities. APPLY TODAY!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.