Senior Android Mobile Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Android Mobile Developer
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As the Digital Technology Senior Android Mobile Developer, you will execute full stack mobile and responsive mobile web solutions for consumer mobile banking clients.
What you'll do as a Senior Mobile Developer:
* Perform full stack hands-on mobile development for native mobile app design and implementation on Android, including system analysis, test-driven application development, unit test, test automation, code review and application maintenance support.
* Code and ship complex new mobile features and apps.
* Establish and maintain strong partnerships with the business and product owners.
* Work with owners and system leads, including Vendor Solutions, to logically design and negotiate solutions and participate in long-term product planning.
* Ensure commitments are met while providing high-quality and cost-effective systems that meet client expectations.
* Adapt digital Agile approach and work with mobile vendor to implement the mobile solution.
* Keep up to date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
* Work with the application support team and external vendors to ensure all applications are supported according to their Service Level Agreements.
* Troubleshoot and fix issues in production and non-production environments.
* Work with server engineers to design API specs.
* Propose and implement process improvements to make our engineering team even better.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree and more than 7 years of direct experience in software development, with five or more years in mobile solution and implementation
* Experience in native mobile app development on Android; and hands-on experience in Kotlin, Java RX and/or React native code to build front-end web or native application experiences
* Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
* Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
* Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
* A knack for benchmarking and optimization
* Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
* Experience in test-driven development and test automation
* Attention to detail to carefully craft both tests and code
* Experience working with the Agile/scrum project management methodologies
* Backend web service and API knowledge
* Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a deadline- oriented environment
* A willingness to learn new technology
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability-that's the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.