Trainer - Banking Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Oversees, develops and delivers training programs for First American Trust/Bank. Incumbent partners with business leaders to identify training needs, standardizes training initiatives, tracks and reports on training success. Conducts multiple training delivery methods in an individual or group setting. Promotes efficiency and competitive advantage by developing the skills of staff and end users. We are seeking an experienced professional with banking background and training specialization; be able to adapt and resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. Has functional knowledge and is able to use that knowledge to bring insight to the role, identifies issues and inefficiencies and recommends process improvements.
* Partners with management to identify and develop training solutions to solve business issues
* Participates in the development and evaluation of training metrics and measurement components
* Conducts and facilitates general and specific training programs for organization employees and/or external customers
* Creates instructor/training materials including course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids
* Keeps records, gathers and analyzes information from evaluations. Measures results against business objectives. Suggests improvements
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Familiar with instructional design theory and/or learning principles
* Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
* Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
* Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
* Presentation skills
* Data gathering and analysis
* Facilitation skills
* Critical thinking to develop or assess training materials
* Presentation skills within a group and/or one on one
* Knowledge of assigned group(s)' business practices and procedures
* Organizational and analytical skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated; self-starter
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to emergent problems
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically has 2-5 years of related experience
* Training in banking operations highly preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.