Senior Enterprise Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design and develop our next generation technology solutions. We're looking for experienced Senior Enterprise Architect to lead the technology strategy in our Enterprise Architecture team. This is a key role in establishing, expanding, and influencing the direction of enterprise architecture function in a high-growth FinTech industry. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of tech innovations with a strong engineering team to back the potential products. You will influence and lead the engineering teams with your technical thought leadership and establish an enterprise application blueprint. While doing so we want to envision the most exciting future and solve the problems that matter most. Join us if you are driven by curiosity and have passion for architecting and designing solution to improve business operations.
As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team you will participate in architecture reviews and technology evaluations. You will play a strategic role in expanding the enterprise architecture function across the organization and establishing an Architecture Review Board (ARB). You will work across the organization to determine the needs of business units and maintain enterprise application blueprints.
As an Enterprise Architect, the candidate is expected to create and maintain target and current state architectures at an LOB level to help on-going modernization efforts. This is a hands on technical architect who has a development background with tools such as C#.NET Java, Angular, React, Kafka, etc.
The EA team owns various processes and standards that help maintain compliance and the on-going maintenance of these would require EA to work with various teams such as Legal, Risk, Audit, Controls, Governance, Dev and Dev Ops, Compliance etc. The architect will work on transformational efforts driven by both Business and Technology organizations.
* Participate in Architecture Review Board (ARB) by collaborating with various stakeholders, business functions and business units.
* Constantly refine and improve the EA processes and adapt to agile and secure software development practices.
* Develop enterprise architecture plan (EAP) using well established enterprise architecture frameworks and tools like TOGAF and ArchiMate.
* Evaluate and onboard new technologies, cloud services, document usage guidelines and best practices
* Conduct application quality and resiliency assessments.
* Manage software configuration and technology lifecycle at an enterprise level
* Define reference architectures
* Publish standards, guidelines, and best practices around business, data, application and technology architectures
* Conduct informational sessions and provide architecture consulting services for application development and infrastructure teams
* Team up with stakeholders, third-party partners, fintechs, software vendors, and academia to design and build innovative prototypes and solutions that tackle real-time issues and advance the core of how we do business.
* Modernize, Automate and Optimize the current standards and process artifacts EA owns per modern trends and practices
* Institute an automated approach to building and running state of the art production systems across the enterprise.
* Mature the overall system operational framework, maturing the use of current Platform Management toolset, and play lead role in postmortems, and providing a framework for enabling self-healing mechanisms, and prevention of potential outages
* Keep current with trends and technological innovations in IT industry, and makes appropriate development recommendation
* Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
* Measure or enable the measurement of adherence to standards compliance - report and escalate judging the significance of the violations
* Responsible for producing and reviewing architecture artifacts and deliverables
* 10 to 15 years of overall industry experience with 5+ years in enterprise architecture.
* Experience participating and contributing to architecture review board (ARB)
* Experience in collaborating and working alongside executive-level and senior-level partner stakeholders and vendors
* Experience defining and managing software configurations and technology lifecycles at an enterprise level.
* Experience defining and implementing enterprise architecture standards
* Demonstrated ability to see the 'big picture' with proven experience in evangelizing and driving enterprise architecture adoption.
* Proven success in influencing business strategy, technical strategy and defining roadmaps.
* Demonstrated ability to building relationships and playing the role of trusted advisor to business, technology and executive partners and stake holders.
* Experience defining domain architecture at an enterprise and division level
* Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
* Ability to independently configure cloud services do a demo if required
* Ability to understand code (C#.NET/Java/Python)
* Solid knowledge of cloud computing technologies (Azure & AWS) and current computing trends.
* Experience presenting, knowledge sharing and consulting on enterprise architecture
* Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
* Well versed in using EA tools and frameworks and knowledge of how EA fits in with lean/agile methodologies
* Familiar with modern and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
* Experience with application architectures, middleware architectures, and technology platform architectures (cloud, on-premise, and hybrid)
* Proven track record of success using architecture and automation to adapt to changing needs, and how to shift architecture and development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures
* Previous work on implementing multiple complex enterprise-level changes simultaneously, creating standards, and promoting and measuring adoption
* Experience architecting full-stack solutions and building development capabilities on cloud platforms
* Experience integrating on-premise systems with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
* Experience implementing architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
* Expertise with architecting systems implemented using popular technology stacks - in a hybrid cloud environment involving SaaS vendors and PaaS implementations
* 10+ years of IT development background covering technologies such as C#.NET, Java, Spring, Angular, React, RDBMS, NoSQL, Kafka, REST, Cucumber, Jenkins etc.
* Solid understanding and significant experience with modern software development, dev ops practices, and lifecycle practices, tools, and/or hardware technologies
* Experiences creating enterprise scale architectures using patterns such as APIs, Microservices, Messaging, Streaming/Events, Big Data etc in Hybrid Cloud environments
* Broad architecture knowledge of Applications, Data, Infrastructure, Security and Operations
* Experience with general architecture governance activities including Architecture Reviews, Open-Source Software Management, on-boarding and sunsetting process of new and old technologies, Audits, Management of EA artifacts etc.
* AWS certifications are a plus
Degrees Or Certifications Required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.