IT Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the sixth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
The Program Manager in this role will drive outcomes for an enterprise wide suite of products. With a direct impact on our ability to ensure customer success and satisfaction, manage cross organizational timelines to mitigate risk and drive value this is a role for a creative mind, problem solver, and implementer who wants to contribute and lead on several fronts at once. You will heavily collaborate with managers and leadership across the Product & Design organization, as well as partner teams such as Information Security, Sales and Marketing, and Underwriting. As a Program Manager you will collaborate with business and development teams across the company to define functional requirements, high level processes, and manage all aspects of the project execution - including writing business requirements, maintaining the project schedule, resolving or mitigating issues and risks, and communicating results throughout the organization. The successful candidate will be a person who works well with cross-functional teams of product manager, business managers, operations, and design in maintaining and delivering on a pipeline of customer impacting projects. In addition, they enjoy and excel at working with tech teams to resource, prioritize and manage tech readiness for critical business projects.
* 10+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program Management or leading software development programs with aggressive schedules, disparate user groups and high compliance and regulatory requirements.
* Comfortable and familiar with creative, modern organizations, with a firm grasp of the functional skills and responsibilities of various product design, and product management roles
* You've shown a demonstrated passion for turning over every stone to uncover risks, seek alignment and establish requirements, and for creating an environment where that talent can thrive
* An innovative thinker, you have experience combining functional expertise with ingenuity to build new programs with measurable results
* You're a tireless advocate for thinking, speaking and collaborating inclusively, fostering a culture that encourages and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives
* Proactive and a master of prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment, you are both able and willing to flex from strategic to tactical work every day
* By demonstrating integrity and fostering trust, you have a strong capacity to connect with others and build relationships
* You are comfortable working with ambiguity and are capable of flourishing in an environment of continuous improvement and constant change
* Organized with an acute attention to detail, you have experience managing large volumes of data that can change quickly
* A polished communicator, you can motivate, influence and impress effectively with all levels using multiple methods
* Expert knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
* 5+ years of experience working with cross functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions.
* Familiarity with agile methodologies.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.