Full Stack Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
This role will have primary responsibility for maintaining several Customer Facing Applications. High demand with quick turnaround on resolutions for production issues is a key success factor. Ability to understand the detailed anatomy of each application is required. The responsibilities also include working directly with Product Owners to understand the underlying root causes for production issues, so that permanent solutions can be implemented. Will likely participate in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of the permanent solution. Clear and effective communication skills are essential.
* Full Stack application development experience (C#, .NET, jQuery, CSS, HTML, TSQL)
* Complex understanding of relational database schema is a must.
* Provides maintenance of developed software including regression testing and debugging.
* Build in test automation when possible to help ensure quality
* Performs maintenance, installations, upgrades, and other technical duties associated with the support of product applications platforms and/or product systems platforms.
* Responsible for top-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
* Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify internal business systems.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
* Experience with Angular 8+
* Preferred skills: Experience building cloud native solutions in AWS & native mobile applications in Android & iOS
* Expertise in designing programs and applications
* Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
* Strong organizational or Project Management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree and equivalent combination of experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically 3-5 years of directly related experience
* Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.