Employment Type: Full-Time
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
'You will be an integral part of a team of scientists working closely with external clients to build efficient predictive models, analyze and validate production model behavior and ensure optimal model performance. There will be opportunities to support the internal technology team in development of models and get involved in sales activities related to the evaluation of models for different client environments.' - Sr. Manager Analytic Science
What You'll Contribute
* Building and evaluating predictive and decision models to be deployed in production systems or for research. This includes the analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining suitability for modeling, data clean-up and filtering, pattern identification and variable creation, selection of sampling criteria, generating performance definitions and variables, performing experiments with different types of algorithms and models and analyzing performance to identify the best algorithms to employ.
* Assist with model go-lives by performing production data validations and score distribution analysis of models in production.
* Apply data mining methodology in thorough analysis of model behavior and provide support for customer meetings, model construction and pre-sales.
* Manage projects under time and resource constraints, work with other teams within FICO (software, IT, product management, and product support) provide high quality support to enable integration and deployment of analytics software and solutions.
* May participate in post-implementation support.
What We're Seeking
* MS degree in a statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, operations research field (PhD preferred).
* Some related industry experience in predictive modeling and data mining or PhD with no related experience.
* Experience with Perl/Python, C, C++, or Java and familiarity with basic software design principles and coding standards and best practices.
* Experience analyzing large datasets and applying data-cleaning techniques along with performing statistical analyses leading to the understanding of the structure of datasets.
* Prefer knowledge of some of the following: Bayesian networks, PCA, independent component analysis, linear and logistic regressions, inference, estimation, experimental design, neural networks, SVM.
Our Offer to You
* A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
* The opportunity to make a difference by leveraging your unique strengths.
* Highly competitive compensation and rewards.
* Flexible work options, opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues and a comprehensive benefits program inclusive of progressive parental leave.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - Big Data analytics. You'll play a part in our commitment to help businesses use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate worldwide:
* Credit Scoring - 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
* Fraud Detection and Security - 2.6+ billion payment cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
* Lending - 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
* Anti-Money Laundering - our solutions check more than half a billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as terrorist financing
Global trends toward digital transformation have created tremendous demand for FICO's solutions, placing us among the world's top 100 software companies by revenue. We support many of the world's largest banks, insurers, retailers, telecommunications providers and other firms reach a new level of success.
Our success is dependent on really talented people - just like you - who thrive on the collaboration and innovation that's nurtured by a diverse and inclusive environment. We'll provide the support you need, while ensuring you have the freedom to develop your skills and grow your career. Join FICO and help change the way business thinks!
Learn more about how you can fulfill your potential at www.fico.com/Careers
FICO values the benefit that diversity and a culture of inclusion bring to our workplace. We are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and we're proud to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.