Pamrevlumab Value and Access Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Pamrevlumab Value and Access Leader
At FibroGen, we approach our work each day with deep enthusiasm and the highest ethical standards, working with a passion to redefine what is possible in improving and saving the lives of patients. We value collaboration, extraordinary talent, and innovative thinking. We are motivated, curious, and passionate thinkers who believe in pushing scientific boundaries and are proud of our leadership and pioneering contributions to high-quality science. We have developed the first-in-class Hypoxia Inducible Factor - Prolyl Hydroxylase Inhibitor for the treatment of anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease, and are working on other groundbreaking treatments for diseases with high unmet needs.
Pamrevlumab is a first-in-class antibody that inhibits the activity of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), a common factor in chronic fibrotic and proliferative disorders, characterized by persistent and excessive fibrous tissue which can lead to organ dysfunction and failure, and in cancer, characterized by promotion of tumor growth. Pamrevlumab is in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer (LAPC) and Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted Orphan Drug Designation to pamrevlumab for the treatment of patients with IPF, LAPC, and DMD. Pamrevlumab has also received Fast Track designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of patients with IPF and LAPC.
We are building the FibroGen commercial organization around pamrevlumab, and are looking for highly motivated, experienced and dedicated colleagues who share our core values and our passion in developing and launching a first-in-class brand to advance the treatment of these very difficult diseases.
As the Pamrevlumab Value and Access Lead, you will be accountable for leading the design and delivery of strategies and evidence that support value demonstration to payer customers, resulting in optimal price and access for pamrevlumab across multiple geographies and three distinct indications. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be a key member of the Commercial Leadership Team. In this role, you will ensure that payer customer needs are represented within the cross-functional pamrevlumab team for strategy development, evidence generation and successful pricing and reimbursement decisions. This will be enabled through deep understanding of the price and access environment in key geographies matched with pamrevlumab data and evidence from the clinical development program. Key cross-functional stakeholders with whom you will work closely include Marketing, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes Research and Regulatory. This position is based in San Francisco, CA and requires a highly motivated individual that is able to work effectively up, down, across and outside the organization to accomplish these critical objectives.
Lead The Global Value And Access Strategy For Pamrevlumab
* Design and deliver the global market access and pricing strategy across three distinct indications and priority geographies (US, M5, China, Japan) while ensuring alignment with brand strategies for each indication.
* Uncover and represent payer insights and requirements across all three indications. This includes stakeholder identification and mapping, clinical and economic behavioral driver insights and global strategies and tactics to secure and maintain access throughout the pamrevlumab life cycle.
* Lead the development of brand value propositions and corresponding models and tools to deliver timely, optimal reimbursement across various indications and geographies.
* Partner with the Pamrevlumab Insights team to design and conduct qualitative and quantitative pricing studies with key stakeholders in order to formulate and recommend price policy and contracting strategies.
* Partner with the Pamrevlumab Insights team to develop and test value messages and value evidence with payers in order to determine the most compelling way in which to demonstrate and communicate pamrevlumab value to payers.
* Plan and execute payer advice and advisory board activities.
* Develop and execute a launch sequence across indications and geographies which maximizes the commercial potential of pamrevlumab.
* Provide value and access input into future life cycle opportunities, including clinical development and evidence generation plans to maximize the value of pamrevlumab.
* Understand the patient perspective of the disease and recommend strategies that can support the patient voice in key Health Technology Assessment and payer interactions.
* Formulate and implement health policy strategy to shape the external pricing and reimbursement environment in key geographies.
* In collaboration with Health Economics / Outcomes Research and Medical Affairs colleagues, develop a comprehensive real-world evidence generation plan to enhance the pamrevlumab value proposition.
* Oversee the evaluation and modeling of innovative pricing and contracting initiatives.
* Determine pricing, access and reimbursement assumptions and scenarios as inputs to annual and long-range forecast models.
* >10 years of relevant price and access experience, including deep US and EU payer knowledge and global price and access strategy experience
* Post Graduate Degree level (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD) or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
* Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, Oncology and/or Rare/Orphan disease experience required
* Experience of working in a global role and setting global price and access strategies for a pre-launch brand - brand development and product launch experiences highly desired
* Deep understanding of the reimbursement environment for the US and key international markets (EU, Japan, China) is required
* Experience developing price and access strategies across multiple indications for the same brand, including strong analytical and modeling skills to enable the identification of strategic options and trade-offs
* Agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to make and influence critical decisions with broad corporate impact
* Building and managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally
* Excellent communication skills, combined with the ability to translate complex information in order to inform and influence strategic decision making
* Commercial and financial acumen
* Deep understanding of Health Economics, cost-effectiveness modeling, relative effectiveness, meta-analyses, retrospective and prospective data generation activities, clinical trial methodologies and other ingredients of an efficient value proposition, as well as experience with HTA or price & reimbursement submissions are required
FibroGen is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, creed, national origin/ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.FibroGen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
E-Verify: Notice to all Prospective Employees
Notice to Recruiters and Search Firms
FibroGen makes every effort to source and hire its staff through direct recruitment methods. Employment opportunities at FibroGen are managed by our internal human resources team. Please do not contact hiring managers or other FibroGen employees.
FibroGen does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. FibroGen does not accept unsolicited communications from external recruiters. If there is a specific business need, a human resources team member will contact external recruiters directly.
An agency or independent recruiter must have a current, signed agreement and a work order for a specific position with FibroGen before presenting candidates and must be presented to human resources. Submission of unsolicited resumes without a signed agreement and an applicable work order will not create an obligation on the part of FibroGen to pay a fee of any kind.