Employment Type: Full-Time
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we're creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
The Vehicle Technician is responsible for the preventive maintenance and or repair of designated vehicles. Complete and update all vehicle maintenance documents as well as other diagnosis or testing related documents. Provide additional support to Manufacturing, Vehicle Testing, Special Programs or Projects and other Engineering vehicle related activities as needed.
* High school diploma
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* 5+ years of automotive mechanical, electrical and assembly experience
* Automotive bodyshop repair experience
* Experience in vehicle development and manufacturing
* Mig and Tig welding experience
* Ability to create parts or fixtures from metal, plastic and wood materials
* Remove and replace battery, drive unit, subframe, suspension, brakes, electrical components, etc.
* Removal and replacement of Interior components, instrument panels, seats, center consoles, carpet etc.
* Understanding the risks of and how to diagnose high voltage electrical systems
* Apply and removal of glazing for the removal and replacement of windshields, liftgate glass, etc.
* Ability to diagnose and repair high voltage A/C systems using R134a and Y1234yf refrigerant
* Understanding of heating systems and coolant system functionality
* Crimping of connectors, soldering wires and creating a harness
* Understanding of Ohm's law and usage of a multimeter and wiring diagrams
* Ability to diagnose, create and execute a test plan depending on the issue with a vehicle or part
* Ability to communicate with the CAN systems on a vehicle using Vector, PCAN, Intrepid and other DAQ devices
* Flash module software
* Ability to document findings during diagnosis or testing
* Work closely with component engineers
* Rework prototype parts
* Ability to drive prototype vehicles
* Benchmark vehicles
* Supply input of how the car is functioning and driving
* Diagnose and repair noises
* Adjusting fitment of exterior body panels
* Experience with MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
* Strong communication and analytical skills
* Excellent team-working tendencies
* A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
* A true sense of determination… and hopefully a sense of humor
Perks + Benefits:
* Stock options for every employee
* Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
* 401(k) options
* Relocation assistance + reimbursement
* Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
* Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
* 'Soul of Faraday' community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.