Technical Program Manager - Body Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world's best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We're producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We're not just seeking to change how our cars work - we're seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we're creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Technical Program Manager - Body Engineering, you will be responsible for the overall component/subsystem/system body structure and closures program and project management for current and future vehicles. You will work in a fast-paced environment to develop and deliver safe products and ensure that all timing, integration and requirements are achieved. You will be in charge of various body structures and body systems projects and design activities throughout the whole phase of vehicle development.
* Work within the organization to ensure delivery of the Body Structures and Body Systems through the complete FF development process
* Ensure program budget deliverables (cost, tooling, mass, ED&T etc) are achieved and communicated at every stage of the project
* Lead the coordination of Body Integration (DFMEA, Design Reviews, Body Hard points) to ensure feasibility during all phases of design
* Create and maintain the Engineering schedule including supplier sourcing, Class A surface release, engineering release, tooling lead times and PPAP timing
* Interface with suppliers, cross functional teams, engineering resource providers and internal stakeholders to ensure on-time project delivery and establish recovery plans if needed
* Support cross-functional issue resolution on-site at launch locations
* Ensure the team works to a common standard for engineering processes such as engineering release, change feasibility requests, and sourcing.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology; Mechanical Engineering preferred
* 10+ years minimum experience in automotive product development or project management
* The ability to work affectively cross-functionally in a dynamic environment via excellent communication skills, the ability to form positive working relationships with various personality types, and the determination to deliver
* Knowledge of automotive design and development process, system requirements and best practices
* Understanding of automotive body structure including interfacing systems and components
* Knowledge of the materials, processes and technologies used to develop body structures and body systems components
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Excellent commercial and financial awareness
* Proficient using Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Flexibility to travel to launch locations for extended periods if necessary
* Previous people leader experience