Employment Type: Full-Time
For nearly 50 years, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) has provided affordable, high-quality health care and supportive services to all San Diegans. With more than 1,800 employees spread throughout 40 sites around the county, FHCSD is proud of the diversity of its staff as a reflection of the communities it serves.
The reward of working at FHCSD is more than a paycheck and excellent benefits; it is the impact and contribution to the San Diego community that employees value most. If you are passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of your community, FHCSD is looking for people like you.
* Attends in-services or completes make-up assignments.
* Consistently follows Policies and Procedures to ensure positive patient outcomes.
* Handles laboratory specimens appropriately.
* Keeps sites in compliance with TJC, DHS, CHDP, and Medi-Cal Managed Care Requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs Waive Testing and Phlebotomy.
* At least 1 year of experience in ambulatory care setting or similar setting is highly desirable.
* Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR (BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training required.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Medical Assistant diploma from an approved course.
* Bilingual in English/ Spanish preferred.
* Job type: Regular Full Time
* Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
* Retirement Plan with Employer Match
* Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
* Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
* Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
FHCSD was founded by community activists working towards a common goal: caring, affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine and providing culturally competent care to the medically underserved.