Senior Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local - there are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect a thriving community of over 150,000 local retailers and 15,000 brands around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town - we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with these big box and ecommerce giants. We're looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement.
About the Role
If you love working at the nexus of design, engineering, and customers to bring ideas to life, product is the place for you. We are looking for an outstanding product manager who will collaborate closely with engineering, design, data science and logistics teams to drive our business forward.
What you'll do
* Lead program planning and execution to deliver successful business outcomes
* Collect customer insights, design process solutions, analyze cost/benefit, deliver solutions, and communicate results throughout the organization
* Analyze all aspects of our conversion funnel and own a roadmap to hit your goals
* Be creative and scrappy in the tests you choose to run to determine how much the company should invest in various products
* Work closely with customers and other Faire teams such as Engineering, Design, Data Science and Logistics to develop smart and creative solutions to the problems our customers face
* Determine the metrics that define success for your products and implement tracking systems/processes for these metrics
* Anticipate risks and proactively manage these risks before they become blockers
* Prioritize and make trade-off decisions balancing customer experience and business value
* Communicate your findings and recommendations to various levels of management, including our CEO and other C-suite executives
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in product or business operations at a high-growth tech startup or have worked at a top-tier management consulting firm.
* You're an inspiring leader who provides day-to-day support for the team, especially during the rollout of a new process or feature for our customers.
* You're an extraordinarily fast learner. You have the natural curiosity and intellectual horsepower to deeply understand new topics and pick up new skills in a very short time.
* You are relentlessly resourceful. When something needs to get done, you always find a way to make it happen. Even when the work is hard, you have the drive to power through it and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
* You have a passion for optimizing processes. You get satisfaction from seeing how something is being done and finding ways to make the process faster, easier, and more efficient.
* You are a creative problem-solver. You excel at identifying unintuitive solutions to tough problems.
* You are passionate. You are an optimistic with a positive energy that other people draw upon.
* You care deeply about developing products and solutions that will create the best experience for our customers.
Why you'll love working at Faire
* We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
* We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
* We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
* We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We're backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We're looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.