Research Intern - Interaction Tracking
Employment Type: Full-Time
You can submit up to three job applications every 90 days. Be sure to apply for roles that strongly match your skills and work experience.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) teams are looking for exceptional interns to help us create next generation virtual and augmented reality input technologies. Join a full-stack team working on computer vision, machine learning, real-time state estimation, geometric and appearance modeling, physically-based modeling, sensor design and fusion, and human computer interaction. We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas: - Optical tracking of hands, bodies and objects and their interactions through state estimation and machine learning - Representation modeling (e.g. appearance, geometry) of hands, bodies and objects for fast simulation and tracking - Physical simulation of soft contact, deformation models for grasp - Sensor fusion (e.g. of pressure, RF, EXG, IMU) with optical tracking - Design and fast evaluation of deep neural networks - Interaction design for hands and bodies in virtual reality and augmented reality
Research Intern - Interaction Tracking (PhD) Responsibilities
* Design and execution of algorithms in the domain of computer vision, real-time state estimation, machine learning, geometric or appearance modeling (computer graphics), sensor fusion, or HCI Software and hardware prototyping, system-building
* Design user studies and experiments
* Collaboration with and support of other researchers across various disciplines
* Communication of research agenda, progress, and results
* Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math or a related STEM field
* Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
* High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
* Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
* Experience with C++ or Python
* Experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
* Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications or implementation of substantial software systems
* Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, BMVC, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ICRA, IROS, RSS or SIGGRAPH/SIGGRAPH Asia
* Experience in one or more of the following: Computer vision (e.g. e.g. tracking, pose estimation, action recognition), computer graphics (e.g. appearance, geometry, physically-based modeling), robotics (state estimation, optimal control) and machine learning (e.g. neural architecture search, domain adaptation, transfer learning)
* Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub)
* Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.