Privacy Strategic Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
You can submit up to three job applications every 90 days. Be sure to apply for roles that strongly match your skills and work experience.
The Privacy Strategic Programs team builds the overall strategy and execution muscle for the company-wide Privacy Implementation Program, among other strategic programs. This team reports to the Chief Privacy Officer, and resides within Privacy Compliance and Engineering Verification, working across the privacy program. This role will focus on driving the cross-functional strategic thinking and operational execution of several large, cross-company privacy initiatives in order to ensure Facebook is meeting its privacy priorities while driving transformational change related to the privacy and protection of its users across the company. This is a highly visible role that requires strategic thinking, excellent stakeholder management, technical know-how, and operational excellence. Additionally, this role works regularly with leadership including executives across multiple functions of the company This role will focus on driving the cross-functional strategic and operational execution of large, company-wide privacy initiatives in order to ensure Facebook is meeting its regulatory priorities, while driving transformational change related to the privacy and protection of its users across the ecosystem. This is a highly visible role that works daily with leadership, including executives at the company. A successful candidate will thrive in an ambiguous, cross-functional environment where they are able to understand different perspectives and provide discussion frameworks to enable trade-offs and decisions. They should excel in knowing when to lead or support a cross-functional team and bring out views from all disciplines to inform one strategic plan. While this role is not technical, it requires a keen interest in and aptitude for understanding how our platform is constructed, and the ability to dive deep into a technical feature in order to educate the right parties. Similarly, the right candidate will also be intellectually curious and build familiarity and fluency with legal requirements in the areas of privacy, data protection, and security.
Privacy Strategic Program Manager Responsibilities
* Design strategy and drive execution and operationalization of the company-wide privacy implementation program.
* Work with legal, privacy and product leadership (including FB Executives) teams to ensure the cross-company work on regulatory priorities is planned, implemented and executed in an efficient & effective manner.
* Prepare communication materials and progress tracking for multiple audiences including supporting material for FB executives and its Board of Directors.
* Create mechanisms for identifying and monitoring updates, milestones and roadblocks on privacy work and ensuring leadership is aware of status and progress.
* Drive greater consistency of process, practices and execution across company-wide privacy workstreams.
* Align necessary cross-functional business strategies to ensure success in operational execution.
* Champion the overall implementation plan related to FB's FTC Consent order (and similar Privacy directives, both current and future) including deeply understanding order requirements and associated technical and operational work required across the company to comply successfully.
* Project manage and prioritize work based on urgency and complexity while building operational cadences across technical and operational teams to coordinate work.
* Set priorities, multi-task and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace.
* 7+ years of work experience in consulting, business operations, technical program management or other operational disciplines
* Experience running project management or program management initiatives (e.g. organization-wide initiatives, large scale integration management)
* Experience communicating with technical and business stakeholders
* Communications experience with simplifying concepts and developing outputs
* Track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results
* Knowledge and aptitude for problem solving
* 10+ years of work experience in consulting, business operations, technical program management or other operational disciplines
* Demonstrated experience orienting towards solutions in the context of competing perspectives
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.