Head of Marketing Insights, Public Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
You can submit up to three job applications every 90 days. Be sure to apply for roles that strongly match your skills and work experience.
Our marketing team is focused on establishing the collective value our apps provide and building the positive reputation of the company. We're seeking a leader for the Public Affairs Marketing Insights team with strong ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and communications, and create strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing, product, policy and communications. You will lead a team that helps understand the perspective of critical stakeholder audiences, and use those insights to shape breakthrough messaging, creative and content in support of Communications, Policy and Public Affairs Marketing teams. Alongside partners, you will be responsible for audience and messaging insights and will support creative development and campaign measurement - for US and international. As lead, you will be responsible for laying out the vision and growth of the team, advocating for resources, supporting career development opportunities for researchers, and influencing east-west across the organization. The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with exceptional skills across both qual and quant methodologies. You'll have hands-on experience as a practitioner and leader, a hunger to drive significant business impact/outcomes, and an orientation to strategic thinking - uncovering not just what people think and feel, but translating that into effective communication plans and executions. The ability to work quickly and adapt to an ever-changing environment is a must..
Head of Marketing Insights, Public Affairs Responsibilities
* Inform and shape our Public Affairs Marketing approach and strategy with best-in-class qual and quant research. Leadership in technique and methodology is essential
* Use insights to develop marketing strategy, audience understanding, creative development, execute go-to-market plans, and optimize/improve marketing communications to achieve business objectives
* Develop vision and resourcing ask to support team growth, hire and onboard top-quality researchers to deliver against business needs
* Establish Insights planning and prioritization framework while managing ad hoc requests, create alignment around learning plan and research objectives
* Develop trusted partnerships with stakeholders to maintain alignment and that work is impactful, ensure learnings are accurately incorporated into marketing plans/executions
* Unlock team's success by vetting new vendors with high quality sample
* Act as a player/coach, jumping where necessary to design, execute, and analyze research to support the Facebook company's Public Affairs marketing team
* Be a strategic leader and advisor, representing the audience's in Public Affairs marketing decisions
* Improve overall marketing insights practice through participation and contribution in Marketing Insights Leads team
* Travel domestic and international up to 20% of the time, once travel resumes post-COVID
* 12+ years of qualitative and quantitative primary research experience
* Experience working on political campaigns or public affairs issues
* Experience executing full-cycle research from survey design, discussion guide creation, and reporting
* Experience making sound methodological decisions and defending research
* Experience working on integrated marketing campaigns, especially digital. This includes informing campaign strategy, creative development, and measuring effectiveness
* Experience recording of influence - producing not just research outputs, but driving marketing outcomes
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $216,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)