FRL Privacy Product Strategist
Employment Type: Full-Time
You can submit up to three job applications every 90 days. Be sure to apply for roles that strongly match your skills and work experience.
At Facebook Reality Labs, we're building the next generation of computing devices to make people feel closer. This includes Oculus and Portal products, AR and VR software and content, and research and development labs. We are pushing technological boundaries with these services, and are committed to building them with privacy and responsible innovation in mind. As a Privacy Product Strategist, you'll make sure we do so, by defining frameworks to ensure we are making decisions consistent with our values, contributing to long- and short-term product strategy, and evolving our organizational support models for privacy and responsible innovation.
FRL Privacy Product Strategist Responsibilities
* Drive the holistic strategy for privacy and responsible innovation for your area of product coverage (AR, VR, Assistant, Portal).
* Develop principles and implement frameworks for building privacy and responsible innovation into the product development process.
* Lead cross-functional working groups to address privacy and responsible innovation in new and existing features.
* Identify, escalate, and resolve tension and tradeoffs between product objectives and organizational values.
* Help direct long-term goals of product and engineering teams as they relate to privacy and responsible innovation.
* Identify opportunities for organizational growth and drive creative and scalable improvements.
* Build and manage relationships with leaders throughout the organization.
* Apply expertise in competitive landscape to privacy and responsible innovation considerations in product development.
* Contribute to risk assessments and developing documented safeguards.
* 5+ years experience in technology with an advanced degree or 8+ years experience in the technology sector with a bachelor's degree.
* Experience working in tech safety, privacy, policy, and/or ethics.
* Experience leading cross-functional projects and interacting with product, engineering, user research, legal, communications, and policy teams.
* Experience presenting to and counseling organizational leaders.
* Experience managing technical programs and building consensus among stakeholders.
* Advanced degree in public policy, law, business, or ethics.
* Experience in AR, VR, smart home devices, or related technologies.
* Experience influencing technical audiences.
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.