Finance Manager, Business Messaging
Employment Type: Full-Time
You can submit up to three job applications every 90 days. Be sure to apply for roles that strongly match your skills and work experience.
Finance and Business Planning is a mission driven organization - our mission is to enable Facebook to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. We take a uniquely long-term view towards business problems. It is critical that we operate with an independent and objective perspective and are comfortable representing our point of view to our partners and executive stakeholders. We serve as financial advisers to our business partners and own shared business goals and results where appropriate. We strive to balance our responsibility to support business partners with our responsibility to serve the long-term mission and sustainability of Facebook Inc. and act as stewards of company resources. We believe that messaging will be the primary way people connect with businesses. Research shows that over 63% of people across generations prefer messaging a business over using phone or email. On Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp, we're seeing incredible growth as people message businesses to build relationships, ask questions, and get support. And we're still in the early days of capturing an immense opportunity - more than 2 billion person-to-business communications happen each day, mostly through legacy channels like phone and email. The Finance organization is seeking an analytical, strategic, and driven Finance professional to lead Financial Planning & Analysis for the Business Messaging organization. The role will own key aspects of the Business Messaging financial plan and will be challenged to understand and contribute to rapidly changing business models, drive collaboration across teams, develop recommendations on strategic investment decisions, craft annual and long-range plans, and partner with product and business leaders to solve problems and achieve goals. Our promise: you will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility, interaction with product and business leaders, and an opportunity to have a big impact.
Finance Manager, Business Messaging Responsibilities
* Drive financial planning processes related to headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning
* Create partnerships and own relationships with a range of product and business leaders, providing key insights into spend and resource allocation
* Build analyses to drive better investment decisions, including a framework to evaluate ROI over the short and long term
* Collaborate cross-functionally with other FP&A groups, as well as operations including purchasing, accounting, corporate finance
* Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
* BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or equivalent
* 7+ years of experience in business strategy or finance
* Analytical and problem solving skills, with experience in financial modeling and creating data-driven analyses
* Experience working with people across all levels of an organization
* Experience working at a technology company or high growth company
* Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Financials, Tableau and/or SQL
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.