Data Protection Manager
Facebook is seeking an experienced privacy professional with experience in operational data protection and/or privacy audit to join the Office of the DPO Data Integrity team. The mission of the Data Integrity team is to regularly assess privacy risks to European users, and to conduct deep-dive reviews of key privacy topics. The team has a great deal of autonomy and this individual will need to have the experience and judgement to set their own agenda and drive large, cross-functional projects to completion in a timely manner. This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of operational experience (running large, cross-functional projects in multi-national firms), privacy experience (familiarity with GDPR is critical) and technical familiarity (comfort discussing the basics of data processing technologies). The individual must have the ability to work independently and build strong collaborative relationships across a largely virtual extended team. They need to be a strong communicator, comfortable dissecting complex topics about the intersection of law, policy, technology, operations and data ethics. Lastly, we are looking for someone with a passion for privacy, a can-do spirit, deep curiosity about how Facebook technologies and processes work, and a natural sense of urgency.Facebook welcomes applications from the widest range of individuals eligible to apply and particularly encourages applications from those who would increase the diversity of the company.
- Own end-to-end delivery of ODPO Reviews including scoping the review, understanding and communicating with relevant stakeholders, performing due diligence to refine inquiries, conducting fieldwork of widely varied nature, drafting report, aligning with business stakeholders on a remediation plan, and tracking execution of remediations
- Assist with or drive the ODPO assessment of privacy risks
- Contribute to the success of the ODPO through various ad hoc projects, working groups, training delivery and evangelism
- Commission and manage internal and external experts, including outside counsel, to provide analysis and research to support development of ODPO advice or positions
- Produce advice, with limited supervision, to the highest standards of clarity, objectivity and reasoning, ensuring concise and plain language that can be easily understood by both lawyers and non-lawyers
- Maintain up-to-date reporting, and deliver updates to leadership
- 5+ years experience related to privacy and data protection
- 5+ years experience with the General Data Protection Regulation, as well as other global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines, especially including those relevant to social media and Internet companies
- Interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Knowledge of and interest in emerging technologies and devices
- Knowledge of and interest in privacy and data protection concern
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Sharp focus on multi-tasking, details, and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and strong drafting experience
- Experience conducting impactful reviews (audits, process evaluations, gap assessments, due diligence, six sigma, etc.)
- Certifications: CIPP/E, CIPP/M, CIPT
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.