Sr. Front End Web Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sr. Front End Web Developer
Join our like-minded people within Experian Consumer Services (ECS) and make your footprint in building our next cutting edge web application!
About us, but we'll be brief
Experian is the world's leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we've been named in the 100 'World's Most Innovative Companies' by Forbes Magazine.
What you'll be doing
* Prototype, develop, test and integrate best-in-class responsive Angular components
* Turn requirements such as wireframes, prototypes and interactive user interfaces into fully functional and highly performing web components, utilizing storybook
* Collaborate with Business, UX, QA and back end teams to deliver superior functionalities
* Integrate RESTful web services in the AWS cloud from multi-tiered web applications
* Optimize existing code with engineering best practices
* Maintain high code coverage for unit testing and E2E testing using Karma, Jasmine, Protractor and Cucumber
* Participates in the full SDLC/Agile cycle engagements, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
What your background looks like
* Strong computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
* Proficiency with the DOM and asynchronous event-programming models
* Track record of cross browser development on a large scale public facing application
* Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision and direction
* Solid understanding of responsive design, web standards and UI/UX best practices
* Experience with blue/green deployments as an application release model
* Experience with UI testing and automation frameworks (Protractor, Jasmine, Cucumber, etc.)
* Proficient in Agile/Scrum methodology
* Active collaboration in open-source communities
* Experience with CSS pre-processors such as Sass, Less or Stylus
* Experience with node development workflows (npm, gulp, etc.)
* Experience with data visualization APIs and JSON (Highcharts, D3, Google Charts, etc.)
* Previous Mobile (web and/or native) development experience a plus
* Financial Services experience is a plus
* During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it's safe to do so, we'll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
* 3 weeks of vacation to start, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
* Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%
* Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.