VP of Sales Ladies Apparel
Compensation: $66,000.00 - $117,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The VP of Sales will lead and work alongside of a sales and design team focused on building relationship with key ladies’ apparel retailers. Building and growing business in all licensed, branded, and private label ladies apparel categories and divisions includes, but not limited to, missy, plus, juniors, seasonal, loungewear and accessories.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Drive Sales! Grow Profitability! Deliver Innovation! Build Strong Relationships!
- Provide leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the CMO in implementing sales organization objectives that reflect the Company’s goals
- Open and expand new and current retail accounts.
- Direct sales and design team’s effectiveness and manage functions essential to sales productivity—includes, but not limited to, planning, reporting, quota setting, calendar deadlines and sales training
- Work alongside of our design teams to create compelling product offerings and drive speed to market.
- Know your retailer, track products by season and recap management quarterly.
- Know your competition, know what licenses, brands, and product categories they have. Track products by season and recap management quarterly.
- Build strong, dynamic, and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners in planning, sourcing, production, and operations to ensure the sales’ organization success
- Implements and manage sales annual budgets along with 30/60/90 day forecasting
- Accountable for accurate and on time reporting that is essential for sales organization effectiveness
- Ensure products are consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interpret fashion and pop culture trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy Deliver clear, concise creative direction; possess broad understanding of trend and commercial design.
- Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process: research on a regular basis to be at the forefront of trends and shifts in the marketplace.
- Ensures product design execution is within target costs and margin requirements.
- Partners with marketing, business development, key customer accounts and influencers to identify opportunities to meet or build consumer demand for each brands’ products, to improve market share through new fabric, construction, and product concepts, and to develop seasonal strategies.
- Work efficiently and lead team to meet all calendar deadlines, promoting productivity while minimizing risks of delay or cancellations. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
- Attend and participate in hindsight meetings with an analytical mind to proactively understand results and identify opportunities. Build this data in to concept and creative strategy.
- Recruit identify and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- Strong working relationship with peers
- Assure product offerings are unique, brand right, market right and speaks to company ethos.
- Contribute big ideas to strategically enhance the brands while keeping in line with overall company financial objectives.
- Develop and present opportunities to aggressively grow sales through design offerings.
- Attend and participate in key retailer meetings, develop relationships with retailers, gain understanding of buyer needs.
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Qualified candidates should have a minimum 10+ years sales experience required with 5 years minimum managerial experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting, and developing best in industry talent.
- Demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, manage creative people, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
- Travel domestically regularly for retailer meetings
- Microsoft Office proficient with advanced skills in Excel, Teams, Word, and PowerPoint
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
Loading some great jobs for you...