Employment Type: Full-Time
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The scientist III will be part of the San Diego R&D group to execute key innovation projects for driving excellence and quality in drug discovery services.
The San Diego R&D group is responsible for the development of novel biochemical assays using proprietary KINOMEscan platform to measure active site-directed competition binding for diverse target classes, including kinases, bromo-domain proteins, and E3 ligases. In addition, the R&D group is developing novel biochemical technologies to expand Eurofins Discovery's capabilities in the Targeted Protein Degradation drug discovery space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* As a project lead in the R&D group, design, execute, analyze and troubleshoot novel 384-well based biochemical assays using the KINOMEscan technology, and other novel technologies such as MST (microscale themophoresis).
* Routine design and execution of cloning projects, from sequence verification to protein extraction and Western Blot analysis.
* Routine expert operation of liquid handling robotics, Echo acoustic dispenser, automated plate readers, and qPCR instrumentation.
* Data analysis in Excel and Graphpad Prism.
* Work closely with the biochemical operations team to execute innovative assays from developmental stages to commercial implementation.
* Support the Business unit by contributing to scientific conferences and publications and provide internal marketing material.
* Provide mentorship and training as needed to junior and senior R&D and operations staff.
* Develop and optimize SOPs as part of continuous improvement program, perform routine QC on equipment and new reagent lots, maintain inventory of key reagents.
* Good record keeping in the lab notebook and following SOPs to the letter
* Provide cross-functional support to other departments as required
* Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
* Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
* Experience working with direct binding methods, including at least one of the following: MST, DSF, SPR, or ITC, is a plus.
* Skilled in biochemical assay design, execution, analysis, and troubleshooting preferably in a screening environment.
* Independent execution of standard cloning and molecular biology projects, including DNA sequence QC, and protein extraction.
* Ability to follow SOPs to the letter without deviating from the protocol.
* Highly organized, efficient and able to multitask.
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including laboratory notebook policy adherence and power point presentations.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
* B.Sc. in biophysics or biochemistry and at least 7 years of relevant experience or PhD with no experience. Deep understanding of ligand binding kinetics and thermodynamics, including supporting equations and assumptions.
* Experience performing, analyzing, and designing routine, innovative, and troubleshooting experiments for quantitative biochemical and /or biophysical assays
* Experience working in a molecular biology lab executing routine cloning, DNA sequence analysis and protein extraction projects
* Superior computer and computational skills required (Excel and Graphpad).
* Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid time off and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.