Employment Type: Full-Time
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
The Research Scientist position is a Full-Time, Exempt position, on 1st Shift. Individuals located in a driving distance of the Brea, CA location are encouraged to apply.
* Operate and maintain analytical instruments such as LC-DAD (LC-PDA), LC-MS/MS, LC-FLD, LC-ELSD, GC-FID, GC/MS, CE-DAD, HPTLC, wet chemistry apparatus.
* Perform timely and accurate sample analysis to meet client expectations, including but not limited to, preparing samples for analysis, conducting data processing and review, and writing study reports and SOPs.
* Design and conduct chemical analytical method development, optimization, validation, and verification studies for dietary supplement, botanical, food, and pharmaceutical products.
* Write and review literature for publishing in peer-reviewed journals, transforming into compendial methods, presenting in scientific meetings, and marketing new capabilities to clients.
* Attend conferences, external technical committees, tradeshows, sales visits, and public forums to interact with peer technical experts and provide oral and poster presentations; represent Eurofins as an authority in the dietary supplement, botanical, and food industries.
* The ability to use statistic and computational predictive tools, modeling software, and data visualization tools is a plus.
* Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by the supervisor.
* Maintain a neat and accurate record system.
* Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g. Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
* Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory (cGMP, GLP), and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
* Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work, maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
* Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
* Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes 'intra' and 'inter' departmental employees.
* Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved by the Quality Manager, Business Unit Manager, or appointed designate.
* Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Action oriented
* Dealing with ambiguity
* Conflict management
* Drive for results
* Integrity and trust
* Technical learning
Initial Education Background:
Master's or PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Nutrition Science, Natural Products Chemistry, Botany, Biochemistry or related fields, with 3+ years of work experience. Strong background in analytical chemistry principles and extensive labwork experience is necessary.
Proteomic or botanical identification experience (preferred but not necessary).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work!
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.