Employment Type: Full-Time
Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for an HPLC/UPLC Associate in La Jolla, CA.
* Exploratory studies in in-vitro and in-vivo models. This includes development of oral, topical and intravenous (sterile) dosage forms for feasibility studies and small scale manufacturing operations.
* Measurement of key active compound and formulation properties (such as solubility, tablet hardness, disintegration, pH, isotonicity, color, gelling tendency, etc.).
* Assessment of the chemical and physical stability of prototype formulations.
* Assessment of the performance of prototype formulations using in-vitro tests (non-sink dissolution, precipitation, etc.).
* Identifying potential stability and performance issues with prototype formulations.
* Development of protocols for preparation of formulations at preclinical and clinical study sites.
* Routine preparation of solution and suspension formulations for use in preclinical studies.
* Comfortable collaborating with colleagues and clients on project teams to effectively communicate experimental observations and plan for activities to maintain project timelines
* Independent and systematic multitasker with excellent problem-solving skills
* Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
* 1-2 years of quantitative analytical HPLC/UPLC experience
* Previous experience with drug formulation and pre-formulation techniques and an understanding of drug candidate properties.
* Experience preparing formulations and conducting feasibility studies, and executing small-scale manufacturing operations with guidance
* Experience conducting routine laboratory experiments e.g. HPLC/UPLC, DSC, PXRD spectroscopy, solubility determinations, dissolution testing, suspension processing, etc. in a timely and productive manner with consistent quality output.
* Ability to follow procedures reliably and consistently and ability to recognize and elevate relevant issues as appropriate
* Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
* Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or other related degree concentration
* 0-3 years of related experience
* Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of La Jolla, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins PSS® is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.