SCL - Senior Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Eureka! Senior Manager
Eureka! is an expression of delight on finding, discovering or solving something and this exclamation of joy starts with you. Our values driven culture is full of passionate people serving those hungry to discover a local blend of America's best. Many of our guests are joining us for the items they crave or offerings they wish to explore. Our aim is to attract and hire talent that provides an enthusiastic experience for all our guests while being a great co-worker for their teammates.
Purpose of the Position
Promote the values and culture of Eureka! through professional leadership of your employees. This is an exempt position that reports directly to the General Manager/Regional Operations Manager and indirectly to others in corporate management.
Essential Job Functions
* Lead Through Inspiration
* Communicate Effectively
* Teach and Share Your Knowledge
* Be Curious Always
* Embrace Change and Enhancements
* Nurture Talent
* Foster Diversity
* Champion Needs of Our Guests
* Be A Brand Ambassador
* Master Policies & Procedures
Essential Job Functions
* Sets the pace and Energy Level for the entire shift!
* Discovers something new everyday
* Consistent Community involvement
* Passion for the brand
* Strong leadership qualities
* Positive Attitude
* Ability to develop all team members and managers
* Consistent attendance and punctuality
* Strong understanding of corporate mission and purpose
* Ability to articulate corporate vision
* Project competency and confidence
* Growth mindset (i.e., a 'can-do' attitude)
* Effective teamwork skills
* Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and electronic)
* Genuinely friendly interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Inspiring personality
* Certified to conduct inventory of china/glassware/silverware
* Displays a strong example and passion for our culture on every shift - EDC!
* Must complete Senior Management Program in Success Factors
* At least 21 years of age
* Food Manager certified
* TIPs Certified
* In good standing with GM and Regional Operations Manager - (no PIP within the last 6 months)
* External Qualification: Minimum 2 years management experience in high-volume restaurant
* Human Resources: Recruit, train, coach, counsel, and align employees; communicate job expectations; monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; enforce policies and procedures
* Strategic Restaurant Operations: Contribute accurate information and thoughtful recommendations to the company's strategic plan through daily dialog and at formal reviews with colleagues and superiors; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; determine system improvements; implement change.
* Financial operations: Achieve restaurant objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions; Effective use of schedule templates
* Cost control: Review portion control and quantities of food preparation; minimize food, paper (non-food goods) and labor waste; execute accurate inventories on a regular basis.
* Litigation control: Avoid legal challenges by conforming to Alcoholic Beverage Commission (ABC) regulations; federal, state, county and city codes, laws and regulations; and landlord lease requirements
* Safety/Sanitary standards: Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; comply with all safety/sanitary legal regulations; develop and implement disaster plans; maintain security and sprinkler systems; maintain parking lot, walkways and exits.
* Ambiance control: Maintain restaurant ambiance by controlling restaurant lights, light dimmers, background music; proper table set up with table tents, sugar caddies, silverware; monitoring proper temperature on thermostat and window doors open/closed; live music setup and maintenance
* Continuing education: Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Position Duties - Daily
* Opening and closing checklists
* Interact with guests and resolve issues
* Maintain overall operations and execution of service, ordering, scheduling, etc.
* Bar program training and education
* Team Member Accountability - Teaching/Coaching all team members
* Maintain 'to-tap' list
Position Duties - Weekly/Monthly
* Inventory, bar (beer, wine, liquor, bar goods, etc.)
* Ordering, bar (beer, wine, liquor, bar goods, etc.)
* Steal the Glass (STG) and/or Live Music booking
* Proper Tap cleaning following the 7/28 Cleaning Checklist
* Keg room cleaning and organization
* Building maintenance
Physical Demands & Work Environment Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing, and repetitive hand and wrist motion; working with and around hot, cold, and hazardous equipment in a fast paced and congested environment that will occasionally be loud, hot, cold and/or physically demanding. Position requires occasional travel that may consist of driving and/or airplane flights for a period of one or more days therein requiring one or more overnight stays; notice of travel may be given with very short notice. Position requires occasional training that may take place on or off-site, by phone and/or online.
At-Will Statement & Job Description Disclaimer: This position is at-will. Senior Managers have the right to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, with or without cause. Likewise, Eureka! has the right to terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, with or without cause. This at-will employment relationship will remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any changes that may occur in position, title, pay or other terms or conditions of my employment with Eureka! This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Nonessential functions of the job may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.