Customer Service Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: 011361
Ethan Allen has been a leader in the luxury home furnishings and interior design business for more than eighty years. We are a global style authority, spanning twelve countries on three continents. We built our company on a vertically integrated business model that has stood the test of time. We believe our associates are our greatest assets, and that talent, drive, and customer focus should be rewarded. We employ the best in the furniture industry and offer exceptional training and support by utilizing the latest technology and proven business practices.
Coordinate the fulfillment of our nationwide white glove home deliveries while providing exceptional service to our customers before and after their home delivery is completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with our Distribution Center and Nationwide Home Delivery partners to schedule, manifest, and process outbound shipments of furniture items moving to third party home delivery terminals across the United States.
* Resolve internal and external home delivery customer inquiries regarding order status and outstanding issues.
* Work with our outside suppliers to schedule service technicians for in-home service calls to repair defects or damages to furniture.
* Notify customers of pre-delivery damages or exceptions that will cause a reschedule in their home delivery.
* Resolve customer issues while maintaining composure in difficult situations. Escalating to appropriate parties as needed.
* Monitor all open customer service requests.
* Maintain service logs and files.
* Track service requests by customer and type of service category.
* Assist in providing service trend reports to the VSC DOM.
* Process Service Requests for parts orders and repair/return orders.
* Assist in Return Authorization paperwork and track for completion of credit.
* Work with inventory control personnel to ensure proper disposition of damaged inventory.
* Assist in coordination of reorders or repairs of inventory and service chargebacks.
* Interface with store personnel as required.
* Provide delivery and service status reports as needed.
* Perform other assigned projects and related tasks within the department.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience working within an office setting with emphasis on organization, problem solving, and customer service skills.
* Previous customer facing experience required.
* Previous experience with logistics preferred.
* Must have a 'customer-first' attitude and be highly motivated to achieve customer satisfaction.
* Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Access.
* Must be analytical with the ability to multitask and focus under pressure and with interruptions.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team environment and have the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner.