Software Developer - Android API
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about the Android platform? Help us build the best location APIs that leverage the latest in Android technology. We love making a difference and pushing the boundaries whenever possible. We are developing an Android location API that utilizes ArcGIS. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced team and design next-gen Esri APIs on one of the largest growing platforms in the world.
* Design, architect, and build a modern Android location API
* Collaborate with other programmers and product engineers throughout the development process
* Ability to understand user requirements and create the tools they need to solve real world problems.
* Develop software for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more
* Articulate and solve complex problems with API design, development, and user experiences
* Excellent Kotlin and Java programming knowledge
* 2+ years experience in commercial software development
* Object oriented design skills
* Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
* Ability to work in a team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
* Experience leading a software development team
* Worked on published Android applications
* Experience building mapping or GIS software
* Experience with one or more of these technologies: JNI, C++, RESTful web services
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.