Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply your talent for instructional design, writing, content development, and strong communication skills in a project team environment. Join the innovative and productive team that is responsible for the assessment, design, development, and evaluation of educational materials for teaching GIS concepts, skills, and workflows.
* Apply solid instructional design skills, effective learning principles, and creativity to course design to engage students in the learning process, encourage participation, and meet the requirements of the adult learner
* Collaborate with team members to identify, contribute, and recommend new ideas or methods for enhancing our curriculum
* Work with subject matter experts to quickly assess, design, develop, and maintain instructor-led, web-based, and workbook training materials that are educational and effective
* Develop learning assessments and provide ongoing feedback and recommendations
* Evaluate and enhance the overall content design of existing Esri curriculum
* Stay up-to-date and expand knowledge on instructional design and e-learning industry trends and related technology
* Analyze content, target audience, job tasks, and learner environment to identify appropriate instructional strategies and define learning objectives
* Develop, revise, and validate technical instructor-led and web-based courses, including instructional text, technical reference information, learning activities, software exercises, presentations, etc.
* Evaluate new and existing technologies to determine best capabilities to support the department while aligning with industry trends
* Collaborate with other Esri departments to stay abreast of current standards and best practices for content management and integration
* 2+ years of experience as an instructional designer, technical writer, or trainer with experience in instructional design techniques, knowledge of adult learning theories, and expertise in developing instructional resources
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, initiative, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Strong attention to detail
* Knowledge of and experience applying the ADDIE model of instructional design
* Demonstrated instructional design skills, including audience analysis, needs analysis, development of scope, design specifications, performance-based objectives, assessments, and curriculum development
* Experience developing instructor-led training, computer-based training, web-based training, and e-learning for software applications
* Bachelors or master's in instructional design, instructional or educational technology, curriculum development, or related field
* Experience creating instructional graphics
* Understanding of GIS and knowledge of Esri software
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Windows, Word, PowerPoint), TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Studio
Only candidates who submit samples by PDF or URL will be considered for this position. Samples must show instructional design capabilities across any or all of the following formats:
* E-learning courses
* Instructor-led courses
* Job aids, brochures, pamphlets
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.