Strategy and Transactions Manager - Divestiture Advisory Services - West Region
Employment Type: Full-Time
There are plenty of complex challenges when preparing and executing divestitures and our clients turn to us to handle them. As a Manager for our Divestiture Advisory Services (DAS) team, you'll be right at the heart of that goal. You'll work with some of the most recognized leaders in the field of corporate transactions guiding our clients on sell side transactions, and providing tailored guidance to maximize value.
We'll look to you to manage large, high-profile projects, focusing on divestitures across a broad range of industry sectors. Transaction Advisory Services within Divestitures encompass the strategic development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, including the execution of financial due diligence. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. Additionally, our team advises clients in the preparation of carve-out financial statements to be audited, and related SEC filings. You'll be working directly with senior clients, while supporting senior managers and partners on go-to-market activities. That makes this the perfect place develop a deep understanding of corporate transactions while working in one of the most exciting and rapidly evolving professional services practices.
Your key responsibilities
As a manager you'll execute transformational deals, so everyone will look to you for answers to complex challenges. That means you'll need a natural authority and confidence in your professionalism. It's a political role at times, as you'll be integrating into complex client teams, so your ability to persuade and negotiate will be extremely helpful here, travel will also be an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
* Handling financial due diligence engagements regarding divestitures, including carve-outs, spins and full-enterprise sales for private investor groups and corporate buyers.
* Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
* Assist clients in the preparation of SEC filings, including carve-out audited financial statements.
* Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price, deal structuring or termination.
* Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide authoritative knowledge and insight to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience supported by an active CPA certification.
* Significant public accounting experience.
* Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
* The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
* Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
* Must be willing and able to travel up to 60% on short notice.
Ideally, you'll also have
* A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
* Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
* Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. You'll be using your wider connections within EY to identify further opportunities to provide for our client's need - all while maintaining our integrity and reputation as a market leader. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:.
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within the only dedicated Divestiture practice in a Big 4 firm.
* A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work.
* Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.