Environmental, Health and Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time
ERM is seeking a motivated hands-on Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Consultant to join our growing Performance & Assurance technical team in the Los Angeles, California area.
This role will focus on supporting our work with leading providers in Internet Media & Services, Telecommunications, Electronics, and Manufacturing sectors. ERM has strong and growing relationships with many of the major, leading-name companies in these sectors and seeks to support the ever growing client demand for services.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and supporting implementation of Cal/OSHA requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety Plans, Job Hazard Analysis, Emergency Response Plans, Risk Assessment processes, Behavioral Safety programs and Contractor Safety Management. Candidates should also have familiarity with lab safety requirements, waste management (hazardous, non-hazardous, universal, electronic), environmental reporting (HMBPs), and chemical safety requirements.
* Perform compliance and system audits to assess project compliance with applicable health and safety or environmental regulatory requirements, client standards, or management systems.
* Support our clients' desire to improve safety performance by providing training, field coaching, and targeted EHS assessments.
* Identify follow-up corrective actions to close audit findings.
* Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance and EHS management system projects on a range of areas such as machine guarding, laser safety, robotics safety, Chemical/Lab Safety, Hazardous Materials, EHS auditing, and ISO 14001/18001/45000 Management Systems.
* Develop EHS compliance procedures, plans, permits, and reports.
* Manage tasks within scope/budget/schedule and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
* Build client relationships and nurture repeat business by continuously striving to exceed their expectations.
* Support ERM Partners and Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
* Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees
* BS in engineering, environmental science, occupational health and safety, or related discipline
* 3 - 7 years of experience providing EHS support with an emphasis on health and safety.
* Existing certification or working towards certification as Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP/ASP) certification highly desired.
* Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance and reporting processes.
* Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our 'boots to boardroom' approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!#06022021