Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who we are:
Erewhon is the leading natural and organic, food and wellness destination across southern California with six current stores (Calabasas, Fairfax, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, and Venice) and three more opening soon (Studio City, Beverly Hills, Culver City). The company's mission is simple: make healthy, pure, nutrient-rich foods and products available to all and to inspire people to eat better, eat less and live longer.
Operating as both an Organic Grocer and Café, Erewhon strives to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods. Erewhon prides themselves on its high standards for the items sold on their shelves and is committed to offer their customers foods and products that are as close to the source as possible. Erewhon also supports local organic farmers and growers and only partners with suppliers who share the same values for transparency in the food chain from farm to table.
Culture is key at Erewhon. The team is dedicated to the wellbeing of their guests as well as employees. Team members are empowered to match the highest standards of excellence and to help create an environment that is an oasis of goodness.
Position Overview: The Social Media Manager will own Erewhon's end-to-end social media presence across all channels. They will work directly with Erewhon's Marketing Director and Chief Growth Officer to define the social media strategy and execute all social initiatives. The position provides significant autonomy and growth opportunity to those who are able to thrive under fast-paced environments and those who take advantage of ownership opportunities in the role!
What You Will Do:
* Define the Erewhon social strategy, enroll the team and execute it across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Google Business etc.
* Shoot compelling digital content (still and video) for Erewhon's social media channels (leveraging stores, our teams and partnerships).
* Write compelling, on-brand, educational copy for all social channels that demonstrates value and sets Erewhon apart from the competition.
* Manage the content calendar for social, actively sourcing new content internally through collaboration with our department directors and externally with influencer/partner brands.
* Direct and execute all social media campaigns, partnerships, giveaways and collaborations.
* Develop and manage the Erewhon health & wellness influencer strategy (nurturing existing influencer relationships and building new).
* Act as digital community manager - engaging and activating our social following.
* Act as a customer service representative for any inquiries or feedback that come through our channels and DM's.
* Leverage your deep knowledge and experience of social media best-practices to increase our reach and engagement to help grow our social presence.
* Deliver on social KPI's and report on them weekly to the leadership team.
* Stay current with changes on all platforms ensuring maximum reach and effectiveness.
* Other duties as assigned by VP/the needs of the business.
What You Will Bring:
* Minimum 2 years hands-on experience managing comprehensive marketing projects for an Organization's social media.
* Photography background. Must be able to produce the shot and merge the copy in the Erewhon voice.
* Excellent written, oral and communication skills.
* A degree in Marketing, Photography or Digital or related field.
* Proficiencies required: Photoshop, WordPress, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Analytics, Google Business…
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
* Proficiency with online paid advertising.
* Flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as needed for community events/store openings.
What We Offer:
* Negotiable based on experience.
* We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match, and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all full time employees.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.