Service Training Instructor
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Service Training Instructor will be responsible for developing and delivering technical and installation training content including repair and service training to third party service vendors, dealers, strategic customers and internal service and sales employees. This position requires that the person is able to travel domestically and internationally on as needed basis depending on the training requirements.
In addition to the following Epson's policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
* Deliver both web based and on-site technical training.
* Assesses the training needs of Epson Authorized Service Vendors, Outsource Vendors, PRO-Focus Resellers, Advanced Product Support, Technical Support, Repair Depot and other Strategic Customers and partners as defined by management and business requirements
* Develops and improves curriculum for new and existing products to meet customer needs
* Writes and maintains field repair guides and other technical documents on assigned product lines
* Develops customizes courses as required by customers
* Conducts technical training on use, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Epson products
* Negotiates for customer on-site training including scheduling and content
* Assists service and technical support call center groups in resolution of difficult escalations
What you will bring:
* Minimum 3-5 years experience
* Experience as a trainer for printer, projector, and POS technology preferred
* Experience with live training and web-based training required.
* This position may require more than 50% travel at times
* Completion of program at a community college, technical or commercial school or equivalent experience (minimum of a 2-year program)
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.